Allen Blue Poems
- The Bowl Cut I've always hated getting a haircut, because, ...
- Not About Love I have nothing new to write. From too many ...
- At The Charles Theater The evening opens on our moon, crisply...
- The Belated Farewell I want these words to feel like the ...
- Radio Station Son After the swing shift at the yard, you'd ...
- Love Amongst The Sunflowers Du...
- In The Poet's Defense Do not punish me for wanting to ...
Mr. Allen Blue currently lives out of a book bag while traveling the country on a Greyhound. It's much less romantic than it sounds. He posts sporadically, because he has to find public access at libraries. He enjoys any and all criticisms. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Allen Blue
Not About Love
I have nothing new to write.
From too many recastings
The material has grown brittle.
It’s best to find another
And avoid these clumsy hands –
I will not write about love.
I will not write about a heart that groans
Against tense lines mooring it to a dock;
I will not write about how effortlessly
The straps slid from your moonlit shoulders;
I will not write about what moved your hands
To protect my wrists from me;
I will not write about why I lower my head
To kiss those hands rising when you breathe;
I will not rewrite words already written ...