Anne Brooke Poems
- Scarlet Joy The rose I find written in red beneath the ...
- Goldfinch A late goldfinch flutters at the bird feeder:
- Written You write your meaning in golden ink shaping ...
- Webs The morning hums with spiders, thick white ...
- Desk-Bound The brush and shuffle of the working day dance...
- Horses The horses returned Just when we thought They ...
- Returning The silence has wrapped me so long that I ...
Anne Brooke’s fiction has been shortlisted for the Harry Bowling Novel Award, the Royal Literary Fund Awards and the Asham Award for Women Writers. She has also twice been the winner of the national DSJT Charitable Trust Open Poetry Competition.
She is the author of nine novels, and three books of poetry. In addition, her gay and literary short stories are regularly published by Amber ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Anne Brooke
The rose I find
written in red
beneath the lattice
knows its own glory
and radiates the strength
of this dying sun
into a different life,