ASIIMWE SIMON Poems
- Nelson Mandela He fell in the world like dripping rain He ...
- Lost In Love When I think I’m out of it; And think waving ...
- Neighbour When your face faces mine, In my heart, something...
- Run Aways They sit in groups of threes, All lost in their ...
- You And I When you and I are together, We shall reach the ...
- Homeless Boy I come from nowhere, yes they say That I ...
- It Wasnt Love It wasn't love, listen! I loved you or I ...
AM A YOUNG MAN WHOSE LIFE HAS BEEN PUNCTUATED BY MANY CHALLENGES INCLUDING ORPHANAGE AND POVERTY. I AM THE SON OF THE LATE DAUD BARUGAHARE WHO TRIED BY ALL MEANS DESPITE HIS ILLITERACY TO INSTALL THE SPIRIT OF READING IN AT SUCH AN EARLY AGE. AND NOW IN HIGH SCHOOL, I HAVE CHOSEN TO BE A POET SO THAT I CAN SPEAK FOR THE VOICELESS. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
He fell in the world like dripping rain
He shone on the land like a moving star
He walked the way that was full of pain
The journey was tough but he walked far
The song he sung in his callusing chains
Is the same that broke our prison bars.
And then like a farmer he sowed his seeds
Upon this soil by the river that flow
And some said the field was full of weeds
Growing quickly and the crops slow
But for he said his field was a string of beads
With diverse colors and beautiful more.