Avinash Nair Poems
- The Woman There, under the stuttering street light, She ...
- Sound Of Silence Unseen, unheeded strands of existence, ...
- Existence When time passes as time does, Without you ...
- Kiss I hold her close to me, So close, so near, That we ...
- For Love Is For love is, that fleeting feeling Of warmth in ...
- The Beggar Thin, unnoticed she moves, Amidst the ...
- A Sojourn Solitary Traveller Again, he embarks on this ...
Avinash is one of the most talented poets I have ever known. His heart-touching poems not only reach one’s soul, but his skilful play with words shows his dexterity and his comfort with the English language. Avinash is a philosopher- poet and his deep thinking about the various problems that assail the society which are reflected in his poems. Occasionally he deviates from his concern with the society and writes a romantic poem like ‘The Kiss’. He is not only concerned with his role in the society but his sharp eyes also detect the plight of women and in one of his poems, he has touched the issue of prostitution. The pain of the woman is skilfully etched with words. It is as if he has ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Avinash Nair
There, under the stuttering street light,
Tucking away those loose strands
Of her hair, filling the night
With thick acrid smell
Of her cheap perfume, her bright
Red lips painted well,
Slightly parted in a smile,
Mixed with the sound of her laughter.
She looks at you,
‘Tis Just a fleeting glance,
She smiles, inviting you,
And you walk across in a trance
But ‘tis now you notice her face,
Strained of happiness, though sought after;
Those red lips are blood red
And it was her cry instead
That you heard…