Benedict Wachira Poems
- Dont Tell Me Don’t tell me about democracy When all it ...
- Want I want to play, Play with the kids. I want to ...
- To All The Fathers Out There He never saw his father For the...
- Shall Forever Be Remembered Man of the people Friend of ...
- Dilemma They said to her 'It is your mistake You forgot ...
- That Song Liked it, the first time I heard it Fell in love, ...
- We Are Watching You We were not there when you enslaved our ...
Not a poet, though i occasionally jot down some stuff. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Benedict Wachira
Dont Tell Me
Don’t tell me about democracy
When all it defends is exploitation
When it defends subordination by money
For how many peasants succeed in it?
For how many workers lead within it?
Don’t tell me about equality
When lip service is all you give it
When all you do is select an individual
When will all of us be selected?
When will we share in the results of our sweat?
Don’t tell me about human rights
When I live and sleep without food
When I live and sleep in the shackles without proper clothes
What rights do I enjoy on an empty stomach?