Berniece Penner Poems
- Retirement Reflections The retired farmer sits in his rocking...
- The Sea On Christmas Eve 2012 Desolate on a winter night The...
- Jesus Come with me And we will see Jesus; Born in ...
- Alone With God At Daybreak I pour coffee As day breaks To ...
- Wedding Anniversary As a bride I arrived to the land of ...
- Endure Do not speak to me of enduring as I run down a ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Berniece Penner
The retired farmer sits in his rocking chair
Thinking of days no longer there -
Not really wishing for them again
Just remembering way back when
A plane would fly over his head and he
Would run with his brothers the sight to see.
Or the touch from heaven he’d felt that day
While milking, just after Mom passed away.
Washing windows in KC had been a part of life.
Eating tarters with wieners; wishing for a wife.
The girl in the red dress became his bride.
For 55 years now she’d stayed by his side.
The three children all grown and gone;
Just the two of ...