1. There was a woman who lived beside Lake Galilee who had heard that the Lord was passing by.
2. She came out and called out after him, ‘Sir, Sir, I must take water to my master and the pots are broken.’
3. Jesus turned to her and asked her what she had done that the pots were broken.
4. ‘Sir, I put the pots up on the wall because I was afraid of the dogs. They have fallen in the night but I know not by whose hand.’
5. ‘Fear not, ’ said Jesus, ‘for I will direct you to water that you may take to your master.’
6. A wind will come in the night, and it is for you to seek its source.
7. I tell you that you will not find it in the tempest, neither in the storms that scour the desert nor in the gales that churn the sea.
8. You must seek but it will find you, in the stillness of some moment, unannounced.
9. It will come, even as your own breath returning. It will come and you will be given the water of life.’