Biography of Brian Purdy
Resident: Halifax, N.S. Canada
At any given hour: reader, writer, husband, sketch-artist and water-color painter, cyclist, pool-player, coffee-drinker, smoker...
Brian Purdy's Works:
Books: To Feed the Sun
Chapbook primer on poet-craft
Magazine publications during 1970s & 80s. New work to appear soon.
- A Poem Is
- The New Romance
- Hanratty, Himself
- On tin-can creek
- Song at Sixty
- I Tell You, Gus...
- Trying to Turn Us to Angels in My Blood ...
- All Are Welcome
- While Waiting for Documents Needed to Ad...
- Orillia, Ontario, May,2001: Half-Pint Pe...
- The Learners, E.S.L.
- Why Is What We Want To Know
- From Five Letters To A Married Woman (ii...
Song of Children Lost
Lost in the silent groves of his beard
we pray to the god of this forest:
how is it fair that we wander alone
our sleeves tucked into this cold?
So far we've come, stones and bread-crumbs
look alike. The path behind
fills up with stinging nettles; our voices
grow cracked with crying. If a witch
should find us now, we know