Carla J Nelson
Carla J Nelson Poems
- Betrayal's Aftermath Betrayal's Aftermath The assault ...
- Making Fairy Dust Want to attract a fairy? Here is what you...
- Fairy Dust Invitation If you have a special garden, Where ...
- If I Won The Lottery If I won the lottery, I'll tell you ...
- Gypsy Yearnings Gypsy Yearnings Wanderlust is tucking, ...
- An Ode To Old Age Eyes bagging? Skin cragging? Butt ...
- The Fairy Nursery Tree The West Wind whispered, "Come ...
I've been writing poetry all my life. In recent years, my focus has been on herbs and fairies in the garden. In 1993, I began writing and publishing Herb Gatherings, The Newsletter For The Thymes, which was in publication for seven years with subscribers all over the US and in 14 foreign countries. I now maintain a website of fairy and herb delights, including recipes, poems, garden and craft ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Carla J Nelson
The assault comes unexpectedly.
It catches you
Overwhelmed with grief,
You pray for death to release you.
Any death - to stop the pain.
But death does not come.
The world as you knew it is in ruins.
Life goes on.
You drag yourself
Out of the rubble and the muck.
You claw your way to firmer ground.
You build anew.
Only this time,
You anticipate the perils that lie in wait,
You shore up the foundation better.
You build a fortress.
You vigilantly guard the door.