Carolyn Ford Witt
Biography of Carolyn Ford Witt
I am a retired Nurse, married since 1961,4 children,12 grandchildren,8 greatgrandchildren so far. Raised 8 children, and numerous foster children over my lifetime. Have a profound belief in God and know that He is my guide in every part of my life.
I love to write poetry and take long walks beside the River. I also do genealogy and have over 120,000 names in my database.
Many of my poems are memories, some feelings, most religious, and many written to a specific sentence or plot given me by someone else, such as 'Titanic' and 'Indianapolis' or 'Aviation'. Most of the Love poems were either for my husband or for a theme write. The friendship poems are for special people I have known.
Carolyn Ford Witt's Works:
Have many published poems on NetHugs.com and in our local newspaper. I have been asked many times to write poetry for funerals, a few are included here. (I'm not really morbid) just sensitive. I have over 2000 poems in my personal database of many styles and subjects.
Carolyn Ford Witt Poems
- * Amour * -
- * AMOUR * - My love, there is no measure for the feelings that transpire.
- * A Soldier's Prayer * -
- * A SOLDIER'S PRAYER * - I stand here in this foreign land As I look into the sky
- * Mama's Legacy * -
- * MAMA'S LEGACY * - When I was just a little girl I lay in Mama's bed
- A Birthday Blessing-
- A BIRTHDAY BLESSING- Here is a Birthday Blessing For a very special Friend,
- *indianapolis* -
- *INDIANAPOLIS* (INDIANA) - From a land of standing timber Fields of cane.. that grew so tall
A Child On Loan
-A CHILD ON LOAN- A child, loaned to you for a time
- * Enchanted Fantasy * -
- * ENCHANTED FANTASY * -
- * Love You My Friend * -
- * LOVE YOU MY FRIEND * - I played out in the rain today I had a lot of fun.
- * Thanks For The Memories * -
- * THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES * - You used to send me little things that brightened up my day.
- *first Love Yourself *-
- *FIRST LOVE YOURSELF *- To a little bit of something, Just a tiny little girl.
- * Altzheimers * -
- * ALTZHEIMERS * - Sometimes, I'm in the shadows Of this life, here, day by day.
- * The Faucet Of Our Tears * -
- * THE Faucet of our Tears * - We think about the things we do And try to censure what's untrue
- * The Measure Of My Life * -
- * THE MEASURE OF MY LIFE * - You are the measure of my Life, Oh Lord,
- * My Day * -
- * MY DAY * - This day has been a battle Of such intensity.
by Miss Caroline
So many words scurrying through my head
So many words that remained unsaid.
Fanciful words not making any sense
Words unsaid....that make me so tense.
How do I put them....into a rhyme,