Biography of Chris Tusa
Chris Tusa was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He holds a B.A. in English, an M.A in English, and an M.F.A. from the University of Florida. He is the author of Inventing an End and Haunted Bones. His poems have appeared in Prairie Schooner, The Texas Review, Spoon River, Louisville Review, Passages North, Louisiana Literature, The New Delta Review, Lullwater Review, StorySouth, New York Quarterly, and others. He teaches in the English Department at LSU. To read samples of his work, visit http: //www.christusa.net
Chris Tusa's Works:
Inventing an End
- In a Marriage Certificate
- A Retired Voodoo Priestess Dreams of Rev...
- Snow White, to the Prince
- Christmas in the Psych Ward
- Fear of Weather
- The Tooth Fairy on Welfare
- The Sky is Falling
- Kindergarten Portrait of My Mother at Ma...
- Ode to Gumbo
- Photograph of a Missing Girl in a Barber...
Fairytale of Fear
Another tornado warning, power lines
down, the same ring around the rosy.
But there’s no pocketful of posies
for this black plague in my brain.
I am like one of those little pigs,
struck dumb with post-traumatic stress,
waiting for my house to be blown in.