Connetta Jean Poems
- A Farmers Poem 'I don't like Poetry' Said the husband to the...
- (lyric) Budget Cut Blues... I can't afford the price of ...
- (lyric) Full Moon Friday Nigh... Last i saw her she was ...
- (lyric) Unemployment Time The foreman down at the ...
- A Sunflower Smile i started a seed planted in early ...
- (lyric) Who's Gonna Feed The ... Jeb Martin lived on a ...
- (lyric) Back On My Feet Again Back On my feet again..... ...
I've written poetry since my first memories as a child. my Parents and Grandparents always said i rhymed words before i could read or write...they encouraged me throughout my life to keep writing new poems. I Believe poetry found me, and has always followed me around. It's who I am, something i can't change about myself. Poet will be written on my tombstone. A lot of the work posted here, is from... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Connetta Jean
A Farmers Poem
'I don't like Poetry'
Said the husband to the wife..
'I've no time for such things
I live a Farmers life'
But the wife said 'dear husband'
'you live a poets poem'
do you not reap the harvest
of seeds by whick you've sown?
I've seen you bow your head in thanks
when God answered prayers for rain
i've seen your eyes shine with pride
with every baby calf you name'
' I guess poetrys okay' he said
as he kissed that farmers wife
and silently he thanked the Lord
she saw poetry in their life....