Connetta Jean Poems
- (lyric) Thank God For Working... THANK GOD FOR WORKIN' ...
- A Farmers Poem 'I don't like Poetry' Said the husband to the...
- (lyric) Budget Cut Blues... I can't afford the price of ...
- (lyric) Full Moon Friday Nigh... Last i saw her she was ...
- (lyric) Unemployment Time The foreman down at the ...
- A Sunflower Smile i started a seed planted in early ...
- (lyric) Who's Gonna Feed The ... Jeb Martin lived on a ...
I've written poetry since my first memories as a child. my Parents and Grandparents always said i rhymed words before i could read or write...they encouraged me throughout my life to keep writing new poems. I Believe poetry found me, and has always followed me around. It's who I am, something i can't change about myself. Poet will be written on my tombstone. A lot of the work posted here, is from... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Connetta Jean
(lyric) Thank God For Working Women..
THANK GOD FOR WORKIN' WOMEN....
She gets up in the morning
gets the kids off to school
makes him a big breakfest
Lord, he feels like such a fool.
cause she'll clean the house leave by 2
won't be back till after ten.
God bless the workin women
holdin' up the workin' men.
Their nurses in hospitals
soldiers in Iraq and Iran
their teachers in the classrooms
Doing anything they can..
it ain't how daddy did it
ain't a 1990 plan
God bless the working women
holding up the workin man.
my job went overseas
just where i don't ...