darren thomas Poems
- Tiger Sunset In those evenings by a red sea I would often ...
- Tonight The sky is liquorice black its stars are simply ...
- Addiction To some it is a beast, to others that beast
- The Spirit Of Grandad Bill Thirty six years of a summer sun ...
- Sappho I went to see her yesterday hanging like sorrow ...
- Star She could without even trying hold a star in the palm ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about darren thomas
In those evenings by a red sea
I would often gaze west
and see the tiger’s eye
staring over its den of desert hills
a single life in its predatory stare,
I remember thinking
as those nights each fell away
‘it really is a beautiful world’
‘today you did not get me, go feed on the flesh
and the thoughts of another’s sin’
while sometimes, I would just stare
or make wishes or promises
to all those once cool cats;
as it left for distant cities
it seemed to wink at a man’s imagination
but what I couldn’t see behind me
was the ...