Doug Gunderson Poems
- The American Dream Fifty is coming fast and hard Forcing me ...
- Conversation With An Iguana Hello my fine reptilian ...
- Let The Poison Out Words scribbled on a tablet’s page Can ...
- The Four Greatest Words Even better than “I love you” And ...
- Winter Won’t Leave Winter will not leave us It insists that ...
- Goodbye My Love I found the letter that you wrote me Filled ...
- Highway 14 Highway Fourteen leads to Yellowstone I’m ...
A Midwestern poet who finds inspiration in almost anything. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Doug Gunderson
The American Dream
Fifty is coming fast and hard
Forcing me to become reflective.
But how does one judge their life
Without being too subjective?
Money? Power? Fortune and Fame?
Job titles and a fancy car?
Each of us has a benchmark
To make us proud of who we are.
A big bank account sure would be nice
Or maybe a bit more fame,
But I ambled down a different path
And I played a different game.
My poems have not won awards
And my novel’s still not done;
But success has come to me
And in this game I have won.
My house and car are paid for
I have money in the ...