Famida Basheer Poems
- Aatmaa aatmaa he said your soul it must awaken it sleeps ...
- Dark Whispers </>So that is how it is! Its not as if ...
- Birth Cry I taste the limpid moonlit night; the wandering ...
- The Wasting Ways Of War They all weep. War poems, ...
- Sister! Sister! My goldfish died She lay there floating in ...
- Dusk I watch the bleating evening clouds Explain themselves ...
- Walk In The Woods-1 Once more along a bracken wood ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Famida Basheer
aatmaa he said
it must awaken
it sleeps the sleep of the untried
I unhitch my sari
lift its end over
to cover my head
there must be some truth
in what he says
he is the guru
I the creature
I bow low in reverence
that only my humility
is the answer
to a question I never asked...