Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Rookie - 47 Points Alek Lenth (12/29/2007 6:49:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

E A Poe once stated that a long or epic poem was a contradiction. I am inclined to agree for many purposes in poetry...but I have a soft spot for prophetic and other kinds of long-Biblicalish-narrative...

What are your aims for writing long poems? or on the other side for writing particularly short or medium-sized peoms?

• Rookie ash a (12/28/2007 1:26:00 PM) Post reply

Hello Everybady,

This is payal here.i am new to this site.i just join it and i wrote some poems. if you like it then write comment for my poem.
    see my poems at this link:
    http: //www.poemhunter.com/members/mpoems/default.asp? show=poems

Thanks,
    Payal

• Rookie ash a (12/28/2007 1:25:00 PM) Post reply

Hello Everybady,

This is payal here.i am new to this site.i just join it and i wrote some poems. if you like it then write comment for my poem.

Thanks,
    Payal

• Rookie Linda Weischedel (12/27/2007 7:11:00 AM) Post reply

What I do when I am getting ready to start a poem,
    I act as though I were speaking to someone/others
    face-2-face.
    I like to write my words in a simple format,
    making it easy for the reader to understand what I am
    trying to express. I write about topics we all basically know of.
    I have always channeled my thoughts and emotions
    thru my poetry....meaning if there is something I need
    to say, but can't find the right way to say it,
    or I am feeling nervous to say it....
    I state it in a poem.
    Take it Lite,
    Linda

• Rookie Uchenna Shadrach Franklin (12/25/2007 9:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I often have 'writers' block' these days(know what that means?) What solutions can anyone here profer?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Uchenna Shadrach Franklin (12/29/2007 10:50:00 AM) Post reply

I like all the post we get in this room. I will also like to invite you all to veiw my writings and feel free to comment on them.

• Rookie Csdb Kind (12/26/2007 10:33:00 PM) Post reply

i have a the salution, , , RUN, , , , i hate to run, , but go outside, . run (fast) and scream- hands in the air- your head up to the sky, and let the mind go, , ps; works best in the rai ... more

• Rookie Alek Lenth (12/25/2007 8:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

do things that will put a poetic vocabulary in your mind, maybe your words just need new forms... (basically just start reading, or painting, or looking at paintings, or reading about paintings, or ... more

• Rookie Dave Sherratt (12/24/2007 6:19:00 AM) Post reply

hi y'all. my first time here. i just write what i feel.some bad experiences etc. but its fun its a hobby. couldnt do it as a career.too much pressure. sun great talent on this site.recommend fire escape by jennifer pryce. i find the more i do the longer they get.

• Rookie Csdb Kind (12/23/2007 10:11:00 PM) Post reply

.. i wright with pen and Paper, but this is cool- 'the Computer'.
    I sometimes see poems and think…...
    How far in the levels is he/she.
    What do they mean? where have they been?
    -its all in the eye of the looker
    -the illusion has no limit… or dose it..
    go deep inside the black.. its a wonderfull trap.

• Rookie Sam Hughff (12/21/2007 12:47:00 PM) Post reply

Could someone please tell me what an 'IP' is? ! ! ! I haven't been doing this for long and was just wandering.

• Rookie Zaheed Patel (12/16/2007 10:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello to all,

I'm looking for someone who could edit my poetry for a book which i intend to publish asap, anybody interested in earning some extra money then do email me so we could discuss terms, money etc etc

thankyou,
    warmest regards

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Dave Sherratt (12/24/2007 6:20:00 AM) Post reply

hi, i think sometimes my stuff needs editing, but someone told me, if its how you presented it at the time, leave it.

• Rookie Sarphias Lucifara (12/16/2007 12:21:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, um. Im a bit younger than most members here but i just need to know, Is there anything wrong with my style of writing poems?

[Hata Bildir]