• Rookie Linda Weischedel (12/27/2007 7:11:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

What I do when I am getting ready to start a poem,
    I act as though I were speaking to someone/others
    face-2-face.
    I like to write my words in a simple format,
    making it easy for the reader to understand what I am
    trying to express. I write about topics we all basically know of.
    I have always channeled my thoughts and emotions
    thru my poetry....meaning if there is something I need
    to say, but can't find the right way to say it,
    or I am feeling nervous to say it....
    I state it in a poem.
    Take it Lite,
    Linda

• Rookie Uchenna Shadrach Franklin (12/25/2007 9:25:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I often have 'writers' block' these days(know what that means?) What solutions can anyone here profer?

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Uchenna Shadrach Franklin (12/29/2007 10:50:00 AM) Post reply

I like all the post we get in this room. I will also like to invite you all to veiw my writings and feel free to comment on them.

• Rookie Csdb Kind (12/26/2007 10:33:00 PM) Post reply

i have a the salution, , , RUN, , , , i hate to run, , but go outside, . run (fast) and scream- hands in the air- your head up to the sky, and let the mind go, , ps; works best in the rai ... more

• Rookie Alek Lenth (12/25/2007 8:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

do things that will put a poetic vocabulary in your mind, maybe your words just need new forms... (basically just start reading, or painting, or looking at paintings, or reading about paintings, or ... more

• Rookie Dave Sherratt (12/24/2007 6:19:00 AM) Post reply

hi y'all. my first time here. i just write what i feel.some bad experiences etc. but its fun its a hobby. couldnt do it as a career.too much pressure. sun great talent on this site.recommend fire escape by jennifer pryce. i find the more i do the longer they get.

• Rookie Csdb Kind (12/23/2007 10:11:00 PM) Post reply

.. i wright with pen and Paper, but this is cool- 'the Computer'.
    I sometimes see poems and think…...
    How far in the levels is he/she.
    What do they mean? where have they been?
    -its all in the eye of the looker
    -the illusion has no limit… or dose it..
    go deep inside the black.. its a wonderfull trap.

• Rookie Sam Hughff (12/21/2007 12:47:00 PM) Post reply

Could someone please tell me what an 'IP' is? ! ! ! I haven't been doing this for long and was just wandering.

• Rookie Zaheed Patel (12/16/2007 10:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello to all,

I'm looking for someone who could edit my poetry for a book which i intend to publish asap, anybody interested in earning some extra money then do email me so we could discuss terms, money etc etc

thankyou,
    warmest regards

• Rookie Dave Sherratt (12/24/2007 6:20:00 AM) Post reply

hi, i think sometimes my stuff needs editing, but someone told me, if its how you presented it at the time, leave it.

• Rookie Sarphias Lucifara (12/16/2007 12:21:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, um. Im a bit younger than most members here but i just need to know, Is there anything wrong with my style of writing poems?

• Rookie David T Tucker (12/14/2007 7:51:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Not sure if this is the right forum. New to all this, and have a question. When a poem is described as 'finely tuned', what does that mean? I see it used in reviews but have really can discern the meaning. Thanks

• Rookie Alek Lenth (12/15/2007 2:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

tunr, tone, line, and voice are all the same from a music theory/wikipedia perspective. I would take finely tuned as a well-crafted voice, something very pleasant to the ear, or at least soundly en ... more

• Rookie Sandra Martyres (12/10/2007 2:02:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone, I do write or rather try to write poetry as a hobby. Would be delighted to have your feedback on my poems/ writing style etc..Just want to know if I need to change or improve....

• Rookie Amy Nash (12/7/2007 1:22:00 PM) Post reply

Never thought of myself as a poet, though I do write songs. I love taking poem lyrics and pairing them up with the perfect melodies. Out of my passion for doing this, I've started 'Poem Into Song'. I'd be honored if you'd check out my site: www.songwritercentral.com/poemintosong

Many thanks!

[Hata Bildir]