Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Post a message
  • Vasil Marku (7/3/2012 6:51:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Not everyone that goes by, can be a poet, so I think for myself, let me be a poet, at least to be leasten from these great audience of poets, If no one of you do not see my poems, this means that my cold do not deserve to be seen. Thanks.

• Alexis ... (7/3/2012 5:39:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello fellow Poets,
    My poem " Long Ago" is the member poem today, I would love comments on it as well as my other poems and ratings too.
    Thanks

• Emily Krueger (7/2/2012 7:54:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hey everyone! So, I'm not really new to this site BUT, I am having some difficulty with my poems. It seems like the people that use to read all of my poems and have a lot of good things to say about them but lately, no one is reading them. If you are willing to read them and comment on them that would be great! ! :)

• Arielle D'amore (6/30/2012 12:20:00 PM) Post reply Stage

So everyone probably does this, but I'm new to this website and only have two of my poems up so far but I could really use some feedback. Just started writing a couple months ago and I absolutely love it was wondering what others thought. So if you have a minute please check them out. Thanks!

• Nick Feiner (6/29/2012 2:52:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hey,
    I know there is so many of these already but if there is people out there that are willing,
    i am in the need for some creative criticism about my poetry. please check it out

• Raimi Stranger (6/27/2012 7:22:00 PM) Post reply Stage

to be a poet is to become a mere scribe to the muse, to listen to the Truth of Love without words and render that into words... thus one must first learn to listen without one's own thoughts in the way, to 'meditate'...

but in meditation one comes face to face with Love, becomes whole, faces one's god eventually, one-on-one... so it is as well to be ready to face one's shame at self which has betrayed Love in life, been unloving many times perhaps... face the muse with pride and the Truth one cannot deny will bring one to one's knees, the muse knows more about us than we freely admit even to ourselves...

this themn is the spirit of poetry and few are ready to face their god yet, so poets are not numerous on the earth... most folks never know the god of Love in life and put up with misery and emptiness in order to fit in with others doing the same, wearing the mask of sin from youth to death in THIS life [not that countless many will face God in the next life, but that few are ready to face down the many and all false authority of men in this life...

so a poet needs must want the Truth and to be free, and to Love all folks perfectly eventually, IN LIFE, a good, blissful life lived as one from inside, the life of saints and prophets... one can see that few are ready for this else this world would be happy and alive instead of misery and dying... but God will explain all to anyone who freely chooses to Love not follow the ways of the many with their masks...

so understand that poetry is a major challenge, a life commitment to Love of all, even those who foolishly call one enemy in their blindness to God...

• Rabbisun Rezwan (6/27/2012 4:51:00 AM) Post reply Stage

The history of internet start at 1950 for Network between mainframe computers. First time the scientist makes point-to-point communication for maintain communication for one computer to another computer and communication There device and all types terminal.
    http://infotechspace.com/

• Tim Stensloff (6/26/2012 10:15:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hey, I'd appreciate it if anyone is interested in giving me input on my new poem, Unincorporated Insights. It's a really lengthy poem for me and, to date, it was the biggest challenge for me to write. Yet, I'm aware that isn't complete. I'm definitely in the mood for some constructive feedback on the beast. I know it's got some pretty arcane vocabulary, but I've got faith there's some people on this site willing to slug it out. :)

• Phillips Olayanju (6/23/2012 11:27:00 AM) Post reply Stage

On a rainy night, I suddenly stained a paper with an ink and that is how my writing career kicked off to a full blast. Lots of poets have read my poems and I've always been given a thumbs-up. However, I want an international scrutinity of my poems but unfortunately, I've posted about 4 poems on this website and I haven't gotten even a comment.Please I would like someone to dropp by and read my poems...they are oipened to criticisms, comments and suggestions.I really want to become a better poet.Thanks

• Stacy Gourdine (6/23/2012 10:23:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I want to learn to make my poems sound better

Replies for this message:
    • Sharron Stephenson (7/3/2012 6:57:00 AM) Post reply Stage

to make you poems better leave them and walk away come back and re-read them and then re-write if you have too if you like the way they are after the first go do not over think and you can send them t ... more

[Hata Bildir]