Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Ace Of Black Hearts Male, 30, United States (6/7/2011 11:30:00 PM)

Hello my names, John I write poetry but mostly in the paragraph form, it just doesn't come out right when I try to writing it any other way. It can be changed to other forms once it has been written. But the words come to me and see them in such a manner that i have to write that way or i get mentally blocked any one else have a similar problem like this? I write all the time. I have unfinished finished books I have writing also. one a scifi(This one is the fartherest along and is the most diverse i have written in story telling) , one fantasy(Always wanted to write one of these types cause their my favorite reads) , and one a mystery(Not Sure About This It Just Came To Me One Night, Never Cared Much For Mysteries So This One Is Kind The One Off Base Of The Lot) . Any advice from the authors out their have any tip on how to keep the wheels spinning so to speak?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 8 Points Sharron Stephenson (6/17/2011 9:32:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

i to hit the wall i just clear my mind an the words or pictures come to the front i somtimes write about the things i know or the things i see such a nature ny peom are dark but those are my feelings i also pick a word and the poem start with that word maybe try asking friends to give you words it worked for me

• Rookie Vincent Rivara (6/8/2011 9:17:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hello john where do i go to start a poem what do i click on

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Ace Of Black Hearts (6/9/2011 7:35:00 PM) Post reply

Click the member area, then click manage my poems, then scroll down till you see submit a new poem. click on it. Read the rules, and submit one. See I have multiple poems i didn't care if they were vi ... more

[Hata Bildir]