Treasure Island

Writing Poetry

Discuss ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas about how to write better.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Ace Of Black Hearts Male, 30, United States (6/27/2011 8:47:00 PM)

If a thought comes to you write it out partially only to realize you made grammatical error do you fix or keep going? Or even better yet you are quick to click button and submit before you have edited your thoughts which comes so quick and it is comment you made on somebody page that is a poem. do you delet it and rewrite it, or rewrite it and submit it as a poem. I am speaking from first hand experience I think way faster then I write and constantly lose letters or entire words. Now I write a lot so it very hard for me to go back fix every mistake I've made. I have over 400 postings of poems alone in three weeks not all are viewable. When you write so much how do you bring organization to what you have edited and what you have not. For when I look at its wow where do I start. Then another thought comes to me and its another poem. I'm looking for some advice from someone who writes a lot. Thanks! ! !

Sincerely, John Bastian

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Jennifer .. (6/30/2011 6:00:00 PM) Post reply Stage

IF you make a mistake dont stop keep writing till all your ideas are down on the paper and if you get a new idea you should at least finish that sentence your on and get a separate sheet and write that new idea down and its good to title your work pieces so they dont get messed up or # them :)

• Clinton Eleto (6/28/2011 5:32:00 AM) Post reply Stage

thanks alot too..

[Hata Bildir]