Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

• Rookie - 0 Points David Bell (2/28/2015 1:18:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi there, I am looking for a poem on behalf of my mum who apparently first heard at school in the early 1960s. She remembers it beginning something like
    'Nancy in the Pinewoods walking,
    heard a twittering and a talking,
    Staid her steps and...'

I can't seem to find this anywhere on Google, but she is sure it was a published poem. Anyone have any ideas?!

Many thanks

• Rookie - 0 Points Lea Schuler (2/26/2015 5:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that I found about 20+ years ago in a novel. The novel was of the Danielle Steel variety but I don't believe that she wrote the poem. The poem was about a house and who had lived in it before the current owner and who would come after. It ends something like " ...and now the house belongs to me" , I think. Please help!

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 0 Points Laura Burns (2/26/2015 8:15:00 PM) Post reply

That is the epigraph to Danielle Steele's novel Thurston House; she does not credit anyone with writing it, so perhaps she is the author of it also.

• Rookie - 0 Points Phyllis Neely (2/22/2015 11:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem that my grandmother told me. I can only remember a little of it:

Somebody call the doctor and tell him to come quick!
    My dolly's got the measles and she's oh so awful sick.

• Gold Star - 10,789 Points Fabrizio Frosini (2/12/2015 5:12:00 AM) Post reply

Hello,
    I'm planning, together with other poets, to publish a poetry e-book (antology) .

We would like to have a few more poets in our group. Possibly from different parts of the world.

At least 50% of the poetry has to be new (not already posted on web-sites) .

If of interest, write a message to me. Thank you

P.S.: it's a no-cost-publishing.

• Rookie - 0 Points Gyongyi Mcdonnell (2/8/2015 8:24:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a translation of Az Alfold by Petofi Sandor?

• Rookie - 0 Points Lorraine Thompson (2/2/2015 4:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem about Ogier the Dane. Cant remember the title nor the poet. The first verse went
    " Great King Charlemagne sat in his tent
    His looks were sad and his brow was bent
    For a Saracen force had attacked his land
    And their might was such he could not withstand"

• Rookie - 0 Points Laura Burns (2/2/2015 8:03:00 PM) Post reply

It might be a translation or paraphrase of The Song of Roland, (Chanson de Roland) but I cannot give you any specifics. There is a long section entitled " Ogier the Dane" in William Morris' ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Mark Fletcher (1/25/2015 11:56:00 PM) Post reply

I'm looking for Alfred Noyes, " Barrel Organ" poem narrated in a montage of jazz, opera and sounds from London. been a few decades ago when I heard it approx.40 minutes of audio.
    Any help?
    -Mark

• Rookie - 5 Points Brian Lefever (1/25/2015 10:42:00 PM) Post reply

i read a poem about a guy, talking to his girlfriend. he couldn't believe that she actually love him, and doubted her intentions until the end. finally, after he accepted that her love was true, she had to tell him that she was no longer in love with him.

what is this poem??????

• Rookie - 0 Points Guy Salmon (1/22/2015 4:26:00 PM) Post reply

The solution to this would be the end of a 30 year quest...

My Dad used to quote this poem, I am horribly paraphrasing, but part of it had the lines..
    " Will the bonds that bind the atoms of this body,
    Still feel the same passion,
    When these atoms are spread across the far distant galaxies of the universe" .

The solution to this puzzle would be met with great joy! !

• Rookie - 0 Points Isabel Hudgins (1/20/2015 3:15:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for the English version of a poem by Octavio Paz called (original Spanish title) : " Noche de Resurrecciones" , from his book " Libertad bajo Palabra" . Any help would be appreciated!

[Hata Bildir]