Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Rookie Kristyn Woods (7/19/2005 8:27:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

hey I was just wondering has anyone heard of a poem like this.

I will describe it.

Here goes.

It talks about a child thinking their parents or (father) is perfect when they are young, then through adolescence thinking the total opposite, then as an adult respecting them (or him)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase help me, has anyone heard of something like this?

Cheers

• Rookie Barry Cunningham (7/12/2005 6:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem that contains the following lines:
    'A week to Christmas
    Gimcracks in the shops'
    It ends:
    'Hark the herald angels beg for copper coins'
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Eli Grinfeld (6/29/2005 8:17:00 PM) Post reply

PLEASE HELP ME! ! !
    A poem by Stephen Dunn that was published around 1985, where he is talking about the feelings of english professor. I dont remember the name or even one line from there. I hust know that it inspired me to become and english professor. (The title is something like 'Conffesions on english professor'
    it is almost 12 years that I am seraching for this poem. It means a lot to me.
    you may contact me on my email: mhnk@yahoo.com
    Thank you so much

• Rookie Jissa George (6/22/2005 12:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have once read a beautiful poem by Pablo Neruda. I can't remember it now except for one line ' I want to do with you what the spring does to cherry blossoms.'. If someboy out there knows please let me know.

• Rookie Lyuba Stevasarova (6/24/2005 8:34:00 AM) Post reply

Must be this one, I have it only in spanish: (I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees) Juegas todo los días Juegas todos los días con la luz universo. Sutil visitadora ... more

• Rookie Joseph Braun (6/20/2005 11:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

In high school we had to memorize a poem entitled 'My Advocate'. I can only remember that it was about Jesus standing in front of God and defending us, but I don't remember any actual lines or the author. If anybody out there knows of it, please let me know! ! !

• Rookie L M (7/8/2005 2:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My Advocate I sinned. And straightway, post-haste Satan flew Before the presence of the Most High God, And made a railing accusation there. He said, “This soul, this thing of clay and sod Has ... more

• Rookie Lisa Giustinoni (6/14/2005 5:14:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for this peom, it starts like this. I have no idea what the name is.'When despair for the world grows in me I go and lie down where the wood rake rests in his beauty on the water and the great herron feeds...

• Rookie Steve Greenaway (6/16/2005 2:10:00 PM) Post reply

The Peace of Wild Things When despair for the world grows in me and I wake in the night at the least sound in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be, I go and lie down where the wo ... more

• Rookie Kavya Murthy (6/10/2005 2:36:00 AM) Post reply

There is this one poem that goes 'memorie will be moon like, phase-drive..and you, too, will be moon-invisible, caressing other skies at night' and I dont know where I read it and who it's by and someone please tell me if you know!

• Rookie Polly Durrant (6/9/2005 4:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me find a children's poem that my sister and I have been looking for for years! It was a poem my father used to read to us when we were small. I had thought for many years that Spike Milligan had written it, but as I have been unable to find it amongst his work I am guessing I must be wrong! It begins...'One day in a perranporth pet shop, on a glorious morning in June, A lady from Parr bought a budgerigar and it sang to a glorious tune' I'm afriad that's all I can recall but would love to trace the full poem as a gift for my sister. Any ideas anyone? ! Many thanks, Polly D

• Rookie Bradley Bailey (7/8/2005 7:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I think Charles Causley wrote “One day in a Perranporth pet shop”. I'm not sure about the book, but it may be in Figgie Hobbin: Poems for Children, (from Amazon) I’ve been looking but I can’t find a ... more

• Rookie R Mitch (6/7/2005 4:25:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem I studied my senior year in hish school about boy walking in cemetery and the headstone were SPACED closer than he was tall, bringing the realization that children were dying.

• Rookie Sarah Wright (6/5/2005 8:15:00 AM) Post reply

Hi
    Does anyone know of a poem I think is called 'Feed Ma Lamz'. I studied it at school and would love to get hold of a copy. I think it may be by a Glaswegian Poet called Tom Leonard but I can't really remember. I can't get in touch with the school as it was about 20 years ago.
    Thanks for your help.
    Sarah

[Hata Bildir]