Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • J Danielson (11/6/2004 12:10:00 PM) Post reply

I am looking for the name of a poem I read many years ago...

I think it may have been by Leonard Cohen.

The text had words like.. ' raindrops on morning leaves.. I kiss you.. like dew caressing the grass of emerald green.. I touch you.....

It is a beautiful poem and I am trying desperately to remember what it is. I have bad recall abilities due to traumatic brain injury so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance: Janice

• Racey P (11/6/2004 4:35:00 AM) Post reply

i just watched g.i. jane and viggo quoted a line from, i suppose, a poem... if anyone knows, please help me out. i just love it. *smiles* thanks a bunch! ! here's the quote: 'The spinning of the sun in its orbit; the change of the tides... These are ony a few of the things I control in my world.'

• Steven Gunawan (11/5/2004 4:47:00 AM) Post reply

I'm trying to find a poem called trillium by louise gluck. anybody heard of it?

• Emma Mason (11/4/2004 6:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I remember reading a poem at school about a spooky abandoned ship. all the chairs were knocked over as if people had left suddenly and ithink there were spooky birds maybe ravens or vultures too. Anyone know what I'm on about?

Replies for this message:
  • Caren Cross (10/30/2004 9:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Looking for a poem that has these lines...something like this:
    We shall never cease from exploration...at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place we started and know the place for the first time....thank you

• Alexis Fancher (7/26/2006 12:37:00 AM) Post reply

the line is from Little Gidding, by TS Elliot. This poem is also mentioned in the John Fowles novel, THE MAGUS. regards, alexis

• Rani Caesara (11/11/2004 8:26:00 AM) Post reply

dear caren, sorry i can't find that poem. by the way nice to know you and hope you can be my friend. my name rani caesara from jakarta, indonesia.

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/2/2004 5:36:00 AM) Post reply

Dear Caren: 'We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.' TS Eliot. Now if you could tell me how ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/30/2004 5:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

How does one find poems one has submitted? I searched under name and title but nothing. Can only find them under Manage my poems.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks H

• Ed Lazarus (10/24/2004 8:58:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am looking for a poem......I believe the author to be Claire McAllister...or a variety of that spelling...the poem speaks of
    'The dream...like the perfect crime...must remain in the head'.
    If you know this poem...or where I might find a copy....please e-mail me.....and thank you.

• Alexis Fancher (7/26/2006 12:32:00 AM) Post reply

JULY IN THE JARDIN DES PLANTES BY CLAIRE MCALLISTER The summer days moved with the pace of a caged lion. To stroll through crowds by the parkgates at dusk was a game: O could we snatch out of t ... more

• Ronald Huffman (10/18/2004 5:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'am looking for a poem that I thought was titled 'The Dash', it talked about how you were pertrayed in life by referring to the dash on your tombstone between the birthday and death dates?

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Caroline Herd (10/14/2004 2:15:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you so much! That is the poem I was looking for. You are brilliant! ! !

• Sherry Clements (10/14/2004 12:44:00 PM) Post reply

this is a poem by a woman..in it, the narrator watches her son call to a dog that he can see through a screen door...there is a line in it, that says 'oogie oogie oogie.' Or something like that. Can you help me?

[Hata Bildir]