Treasure Island

Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Danae Turner (10/28/2008 9:15:00 PM) Post reply

ola! i have been searching for a poem i read once, i think it was by beryl baigent? anyway, it goes like this....
    You were not the original green man
    swathed in hooded cloak of verdant leaves
    but when i scaled the hill
    and came upon you
    face to face
    the potency of your presence
    sprang out to embrace me.
    i appreciate any direction! ! ! ! thank you

• Bruce Allen Lynch (10/26/2008 6:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm looking for a poem-I thinjk World War One era-that contains this passage:

Those scattered and tumbling walls once were a church
    yet might have been an inn.
    For all the signs of reverence they show,
    save that in the encircling shady yard,
    Heaped with scattered stones,
    the uprooted graves and broken crosses
    speak of holier days.

Standing stricken, the weary shrapnelled houses
    seem skeletons,
    grim and ghastly shapes
    beckoning with scraggly fingers to the sky
    in silent plea for justice...

Poem and poet would be greatly appreciated.

Replies for this message:
  • Mayuri Bandyopadhyay (10/26/2008 4:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

If u pple can please help me find poem called the snuff box....the poem relates to a young boy studying in school.An Inspector visits the school and ask what is the shape of the earth and the as prompted by his class teacher says round on somedays and square of such days.If someone can please help me on that.
    Thanking,
    Mayuri

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/3/2008 7:16:00 PM) Post reply

This sounds like a joke from the Marx Brothers, not a poem. See the page on their skit 'Fun in High Skule' at: http: //www.marx-brothers.org/marxology/skule.htm

• Amy Soeder (10/26/2008 7:17:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem that begins...'Take your pole and line and hook; find some shady creek or brook... and ends...'Don't just sit around and fret; go a fishin' and forget'.

Can anyone help!

• Saskia Stent (10/24/2008 9:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone help me please. My Grandfather recently passed away at the age of 94 years. He would often recite a poem to me about a Butterfly unfortunately he passed away before I thought about writing it down. I have searched the internet with out success. I would love to be able to read out this poem at his funeral in a few days time. The poem started like this: 'Butterfly, Butterfly why come you here you have no sins to be forgiven this is a place to pray' Unfortunately this is all I have to go on. Please can someone help or point me in the right direction. Any help is very appreciated. Thank you.

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (10/24/2008 9:03:00 PM) Post reply

TO A BUTTERFLY AT CHURCH Butterfly, butterfly why come here? This is no bower for you; Go sip the honeydropp sweet and clear, Or bathe in the morning dew. This is the place to think of Hea ... more

• David Sanchez (10/16/2008 1:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

How's it going people?
    About a month ago I was reading the Sin-times, and there was a poem referencing 'the rise of Russia'. I believe it was a Cold War era poem. Throughout the poem there are a lot of sensory details describing a monstrous, brutish, drooling, hulking beast. And, he uses that to describe the rise of Russia. I believe the poet was described as one of the greatest poets of the twentieth century. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. I'm an illustrator and I was very inspired by it, so your help would be amazing. Thank you.

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (10/16/2008 5:05:00 PM) Post reply

Could it possibly be Kipling's 'The Truce of the Bear'? (1898, a bit before the Cold War.) Take a look: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-truce-of-the-bear/

• Patricia Carver (10/15/2008 12:26:00 PM) Post reply

Im looking for Heartbreak by Black Rose

• Sandra Nurita (10/8/2008 2:06:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi.. I'm looking for english translation for WACE poems. Could you tell me where to find it? Thx b4

• Laura Burns Freshman - 2nd Stage (10/9/2008 5:04:00 PM) Post reply

You can find a copy of the Roman de Brut for sale at: http: //www.amazon.com/Waces-Roman-Brut-History-Medieval/dp/0859897346/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top I do not think there are any translations on th ... more

• Nance Smith (10/7/2008 1:32:00 PM) Post reply

Hi,
    I'm not a poet but am looking for someone who might help me write a poem for an executive chef. I am looking for something a little more intimate expressing her kindness, and gentle caring spirit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nance

• M A (10/2/2008 11:49:00 PM) Post reply

Hello I was looking for a poem by Alexei Tolstoy, I have found 3 names for it “The Sinner” / “The Sinful Woman” / “The Magdalene” but can not find the poem itself. Anybody happen to know were i can find it?

[Hata Bildir]