Looking For A Poem

Post a message
  • Mick O''neil (12/13/2008 12:57:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hi Everyone,
    A very touching poem comes to mind that I read in a daily newspaper a few years back, the author laments about growing old and yearns for his childhood back. I think it was lewis Carol or Kipling.If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (12/13/2008 8:09:00 PM) Post reply

I thought of this poem when I read your post, but it is by Elizabeth Akers Allen: Rock Me to Sleep BACKWARD, turn backward, O Time, in your flight, Make me a child again just for to-night ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Rookie - 0 Points Barbara Stevenson (12/5/2008 7:07:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My husband once had to recite a Chritmas poem at school that started 'The Palm Court lounge is snug and warm' does anyone know what this poem is and who by?
    Many thanks

• Norman Church (11/16/2009 1:53:00 PM) Post reply

Babara, I sse your message was in 2008. I wonder did you have any luck. I am searching for the same. All I can remember is: The palm court lounge is snug and warm, there's scotch on every table ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Maan Maan (12/1/2008 2:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I want to know if there was such kind of poem: 'I know everything except myself' or if it was a quotation by Francois Villon. Please reply

• Laura Burns (12/2/2008 5:13:00 PM) Post reply

It is supposed to be from a poem by Villon: 'Autre Ballade.' But I can't find this line in any translation on the web and I do not read French very well, so can't really tell about it.

• Rookie - 0 Points Phillip Stamper (11/28/2008 12:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

this is a song and I can't remember who sings it. It goes, ' tomorrow, things wont be the same, tomorrow, life will be a different game, but right now I am with you and together we can make it thru, da da daa da da dada, forever, our love might have last, forever, we'll go too fast, but right now I am with you and together we can make it thru da da da dada dada da, we live in a world with carnivals and clowns and buildings to the sky that make us wonder why etc.. Anybody remember this?

• Rookie - 0 Points Dan R (11/27/2008 12:48:00 PM) Post reply

Hello all, I am looking for a poem about a true friend/soulmate. Not sure who it was written by but I first read it on a card around 1993. The description- Kind of long, not sappy and it describes the similarities, thoughts, and how two friends/soulmates are to each other. Describes how it is rare to have the such true closeness. Describes the way a soulmate is. Thanks in advance.

• Rookie - 0 Points Homen Thangjam (11/19/2008 4:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Can anybody help me find translated poems of Yannis Ritsos?

• Laura Burns (11/21/2008 8:23:00 PM) Post reply

Try this site: http: //thehollyandtheivy.blogspot.com/2007/11/meaning-of-simplicity-i-hide-behind.html

• Laura Burns (11/19/2008 5:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Translated - into English? Some are here: http: //www.mikis-theodorakis.net/epitxt_e.html

• Rookie - 0 Points Yonathan Feldman (11/16/2008 2:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello friends,
    I wonder where to find poems of Antonio de Nicolas. Great poems are not presented in our great site!

• Rookie - 0 Points Charmaine Sinclair (11/13/2008 5:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Good evening, or some other time greeting.
    Does anybody know of interesting poems about angels?

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie - 0 Points Gazza John (11/11/2008 1:56:00 AM) Post reply

Can anyone think of a poem that has a theme of 'becoming stonger' or something similar to that. Thanks for any help :)

• Rookie - 0 Points Iryna Karivets (11/9/2008 4:26:00 AM) Post reply

I am looking for a poem 'Our Guardians' by Carl Dennis. Actually, the part of this poem is published in VQR but the remainder of it is available only to paid subscribers. I would be very grateful if someone could send me the final part of the poem.

[Hata Bildir]