Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Looking For A Poem

Can't find a poem you've heard once? Ask other visitors for help. Also share explanations and summaries of poems.
Post a message

• Janet Hagins (4/25/2014 2:16:00 AM) Post reply

I remember this poem my sister found when we were in high school. I would like to find out the name of it and who wrote it.

Never fall in love my friend, you'll see it does not pay. Although it causes broken hearts, it happens everyday.
    You wonder where he is at night, and if he's being true. One day you're feeling happy, the next you're feeling blue.
    The price you pay if very high, if I could choose from life or death, I think I'd rather die.
    So you see my friend, don't fall in love, you; ll get hurt before you're through.
    You see my friend, I ought to know. I fell in love with you.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This was back in the 80's if that helps at all. Thanks.

• Maureen R (4/22/2014 2:22:00 PM) Post reply

Someone sent me a part of a poem a while ago and I want to find the rest of it. It talks about being more than just a tree...?

• Dione Frenette (4/21/2014 10:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

I am trying to re discover a poem I heard on the radio some years ago. It was a winter or autumnal poem that featured an orange and perhaps roses?Hmm. Not sure about the roses but maybe. I remember being very taken with it. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Replies for this message:
    • Laura Burns (4/22/2014 11:43:00 AM) Post reply

Could it be " Oranges" by Gary Soto?That is definitely a winter poem.

• Suman Kumar Das (4/20/2014 11:42:00 AM) Post reply

Perpetual Relation

When I open
    The window of heart
    In the palace of my life,
    Blow jasmine aroma from her bun
    With dew drenched winter breeze,
    Run a thrill through my vein.
    Again drip drops of sweet smile
    From her rosebud lips,
    That wet desert of my solitude.

Waning moon beckons us
    To the divine door of love
    Where we see the far world
    And gauge its gap.
    While doing so,
    We lasso two minds
    Into one soul
    To complete
    This perpetual relation.

• Mathew Whitaker (4/19/2014 1:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Please can anyone help me I am desperate to find the poem 'If you push a button' by Takagi Kyozo, I cannot find it anywhere on the internet, the only reference I can find is that it is in a collection of poems by the author in a book called 'How to Cook Women' published in 1998, the book however cannot be purchased anywhere! I have been trying to find this for days and I really need it for my coursework for my GCSE Drama exam.

If anyone can help me I would be so grateful.

• Laura Burns (4/19/2014 7:32:00 PM) Post reply

Have you tried going to the worldcat web page?The book is in several libraries in the U.K.

• Maggie Mcmillan (4/12/2014 6:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Heard a poem in primary school back in the 60's and am/was enchanted by the rhythm of it. Opening lines,
    " The road was a ribbon of moonlight
    Beneath the jewelled.... (sky?)
    And the highwayman came, riding, riding, riding........." and that's as far as I get.

Does anyone know the poem?

• Laura Burns (4/12/2014 8:30:00 PM) Post reply

Yes, it is " The Highwayman" by Alfred Noyes. You can find it on this site.

• Dominik Presl (4/8/2014 4:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi,
    so I have this poem that I have heard once and I need to find it again. However, I don't remeber any lines from it. What I do know, is that the author was Russian and some well known Russian who wrote both poetry and prose. The poem described a certain moment - meeting a girl in winter night in countryside, and it was mostly describing how the snowflakes were melting on the girl's hair and face and how beatiful she was and so on...Unfortunately, thats all I can remember. But it should be quite famous one, so I hope it'll be enough.
    Thanks for your advice, all replies appreciated ;)

• Laura Burns (4/8/2014 4:33:00 PM) Post reply

Possibly you are thinking of " Meeting" by Boris Pasternak.

• Leslie Gentry (4/3/2014 1:26:00 AM) Post reply

Hi,
    I've been searching for a poem I copied many years ago and then lost. I believe it was in either McCall's or Ladies Home Journal sometime in 1965, or possibly the first of 1966. I'm sorry that I don't remember the title or the author, but I recall several of the lines or a close approximation-
    " Not like the fierce wisteria or the trumpet vine,
    I will not clutch nor choke nor subtly twine
    Nor seek to kill your quickness...
    " The honeysuckle(?) welcomes the thrust of the hummingbird and sets no honeyed traps
    The far cry heard is freely given back from the echoing hollow..."
    and the last line: " Remember me as a scarlet leaf that stops the heart for a moment but brings no grief"

I sent that poem to my then fiance sometime between Jan and April of 1966, so it's been awhile!

• Drew Ken (3/30/2014 6:06:00 PM) Post reply

Hi,
    I am looking for a poem my dad read as a kid and told me about recently. He said that it is about arriving at Heaven's gate and how you should be all roughed up from life rather than looking perfect, because the roughed up person actually lived life to the fullest and did what he wanted, while the perfect looking people never did what they wanted in fear of getting roughed up. Of course this is just a paraphrase of my dad's paraphrase, so it is probably quite a bit different but the message should be similar. Thanks!

• Jitesh Shah (3/28/2014 9:56:00 PM) Post reply

i try my poem to leval best i write mom poem and also write the poem of life. at now the people have no time to share your family so i introduce my poem. so ask other visitors for read my poem and help.

[Hata Bildir]