Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Frank James Ryan Jr...fjr (7/30/2014 1:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Of Respect To The Rose " Posted as a reply so as not to(God forbid) interrupt the recent wallpapering of fatuous postings whose dreck serves a purpose in value comparable to a legless tripod...FjR

Replies for this message:
    • Frank James Ryan Jr...fjr (7/30/2014 2:03:00 AM) Post reply

Of Respect To The Rose The roses were perfectly sequenced, juxtaposed like Vatican guards, flouncing to the reel of hard wind, stems grudgingly bow to protect their soil for maturation ... more

• Mike Acker (7/30/2014 12:01:00 AM) Post reply

After speaking to someone whose opinion I respect, it was recommended that I deny the accusation that I am Richard Thripp. Alexander Rizzo is full of venom. I sense that the scorn may be from one of our female members, if Rizzo is not Lamont Palmer.

Just in case I wasn't clear, I am not Richard Thripp. Having checked him out on Google, it seems that he is a real person named, Richard Thripp.

While I am at, I have never been anyone but Mike Acker.

• Peter Stavropoulos (7/29/2014 7:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Just starting to get into Pound's Cantos. Is there a better line in poetry than this?- " out of all this beauty something must come." Written by Pound after having been imprisoned in an open air cage, sleeping on the ground.

• Professor Plum (7/29/2014 9:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

More Pound for your reading pleasure: No, no! Go from me. I have left her lately. I will not spoil my sheath with lesser brightness, For my surrounding air hath a new lightness; Slight are h ... more

• Alexander Rizzo (7/29/2014 6:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

wow, thripp used nig*er, and as*, and sh*t in a poem, how 'imaginative', he's a poetic genius (eyeroll) . acker you're a shape-shifting slimeball. i've only been on this dubious site since last dec, but i've looked through all the back pages. seems no one's used racial epithets till 'acker' appeared, and i've read some pretty snarky, bitter exchanges on here; this acker is an ugly man; be nice to rid the forum (and the world) of his odious ilk.

• Mike Acker (7/30/2014 12:05:00 AM) Post reply

After speaking to someone whose opinion I respect, it was recommended that I deny the accusation that I am Richard Thripp. Alexander Rizzo is full of venom. I sense that the scorn may be from one of o ... more

• Professor Plum (7/29/2014 2:51:00 PM) Post reply

I can't decide which 'League of Angels' heroine I like the best: Aurora, Isabelle, or Fortuna. They're all so lovely...and healthy. So healthy.

• Gulsher John (7/29/2014 1:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

For Professor Plum..... isn't it?

Rabble delle persone sporche
    da diversi percorsi, ruggendo per le strade:
     di essere nutrito, vestito e per eguale trattamento,
    ma il boom si dimentica, che il contratto sociale
    firmato con la bufala, (che) le loro anime e la libertà
    essere ammanettato e incatenato per pochi centesimi pochi e bucks.And
    (Come Faustus ha promesso di Lucifero) anche loro, hanno dato il loro consenso IN.
    Ah! Non vedo la tua tenebra sarà mai reso conto.

• Ricardo Thripp (7/29/2014 11:32:00 AM) Post reply

This wooden walking stick, that's used for poking, is my poke cane
    All dental procedures, that I contract voluntarily, involve procaine
    My perambulations through nigger heaven's nexus include cocaine
    Tentatively enough, upon my nether muscles, there abides no strain
    I shouldn't neglect to give assent to the wondrous opioid novocaine
    Penny ante STOP signs are a dime a dozen 6 miles shy of Go Lane
    Travelogues featuring homosexuals-on-parade seldom show Maine
    Push your ramps under some fat model's ass to await the slow train
    I prefer a naturally gaseous gas that's not unlike gassy gas propane
    Hail excitement in Whore Town with each ho insane each ho inane
    A swift kick to the ass inflicts upon the kicker the dreaded toe pain
    Perched high as if to gain advantage on trout fish I secure low gain
    Help me quack, my scalp's monkey-ass mangy in need of Rogaine
    To wintry deer I'll provide buck salt, clover hay, fawn & doe grain
    Queen bee Lizzy: move over prune-faced hag as I will not co-reign
    The pig-shit police pigs'll break your leg as most are not pro-sprain
    Reality's impinged with debt-buyers whose reactions aren't so sane
    C.I.A.'s secretive holographic imagery made 9/11's unknown plane
    By 2019 Mexicanesque gas-producing dinners'll need a taco crane
    I can't stomach food mixed with pantry moth worms called lo mein
    Pine wood, although very studious, hasn't the intellect of oak brain

• Professor Plum (7/29/2014 10:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

I just got the letter in the mail. My unemployment is over after three years. No more living off the dole. Shoot! Wait a minute! What about Richard Thripp?He'll send me some money, won't he?Of course he will. Thank god for Richard Thripp! I think we should all kneel down and give thanks for Richard Thripp. Our buddy. Our Savior.
    The guy who would do ANYTHING for ANYBODY, whether you're an egalitarian collectivist or not, he'll love you. Yes, he'll love you many times over. He'll love you in the basement when no one is looking. He'll love you in the backyard in the bushes. He'll love you from behind when you aren't expecting it. He's going to spread his love everywhere, because he can. That's just who he is. He's Richard Thripp, just a friendly guy looking for love anywhere he can find it.

• Gulsher John (7/29/2014 6:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Dear PHers:
    This page" poetics and poetry discussion" has been named as " The Ricardo thrip Forum" as presently nobody is allowed to paste a single line any more.

(note: A posthumous legend HE was, and a sweet gentle fellow;
    lest we forget...may his soul rest in peace... (Amen)
    these lines will be appeared in the distant future here on PH.

Management.

• Ricardo Thripp (7/29/2014 7:22:00 AM) Post reply

You just posted your infantile comment. This is Poem Hunter. Why don't you, and your buddy Jefferson Carter (with his phallic observations) , find a forum where you can express your admiration for ... more

• ... Dog God 8hate (7/29/2014 7:15:00 AM) Post reply

. . (I'm posting this in here, Sir, to bolster your view, and too, mine. Mister Thripp ALWAYS deletes posts I comment on, and for fear of image, thus implicating... oblique design.) Thrip ... more

• Ricardo Thripp (7/29/2014 1:25:00 AM) Post reply

LOOK AT THIS!

Jefferson Carter (7/29/2014 12: 29: 00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    Helllppp! Thripp the Dick has been unleashed upon this site. His toxic sewage is threatening to overwhelm us. Send your complaints to management. I've done it and am waiting for a response.

This character Jefferson Carter is interested in me. He is interested in my genitals as he has made clear a dozen times. Why would a man refer to another man as " the dick" ?Dick means penis, as everyone knows. He therefore refers to me as " the penis." He sees me as " the penis." I don't want to be seen by a man as " the penis." Why does he write about my penis?I don't write about my penis. Why does this Jefferson Carter character persist?Obviously he's cruising for men. Jefferson Carter is testing the waters here. It's a fetish with him. It needs to stop.

Jefferson Carter your behavior is going to land you in hot water.
    I've made copies of your “dick” comments. You need to remove them.

To the nitwits & retardates who praise this Carter character: Do so at your peril as eventually he'll write of your penis in a commentary.

[Hata Bildir]