Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Jefferson Carter (4/23/2014 10:47:00 AM) Post reply

PHers, Wadin Hooyo is Mike Acker. He emailed me his latest poem with Wadin's name on it, perhaps forgetting I've told him time after time to stop using pseudonyms on this site. Whether he's been all those other irritating and obnoxious personas or not (I suspect he is) , I'm not responding to his emails or comments on this site anymore. Attacking Lamont is legitimate, but Mike's obsession with him wastes our time and energy. Mike, if you're reading this, STOP the bullshit! ! This place can still become an interesting forum for poetic discussions by well-intentioned, mentally stable adults.

• Co Jacobus (4/23/2014 10:10:00 AM) Post reply

NASH
    on the first page of his biographical novel
    one can read
    " the ideas i had about supernatural beings came to me the same way that my mathematical ideas did"

i can say with no further explanations that

mathematics don't convey human sanity

• Frank Ovid (4/22/2014 10:08:00 PM) Post reply

Acker (et al- - important) , if you want to stay a 'member' here in good standing, knock off the b*llshit. Post poems and discussions, and forget about the other sh*t or you're gone. Cold-shoulder city, Son! We've heard enough. You don't like certain people. We get it. Shut up now.

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/22/2014 8:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Migrating Birds

By Mónica de la Torre

Victor gets a real sense of power
    from making his own raisins. He buys
    pounds and pounds of grapes
    and leaves them to dry
    on the kitchen table.

Theresa doesn’t want to hear about
    her ex-husband’s cancer. Not on Father’s Day.
    She takes a train all night
    to have breakfast with her cousin.
    All Sunday she rides the train back.

Once Martin’s wife had left,
    he decided to take advantage of her space.
    He built a sauna where her closet was,
    and now sits there every morning
    to read the paper and Buddha.

One night Helga wore her prettiest dress,
    thought she knew he wouldn’t be there.
    She drank white wine, got drunk
    (she was on a diet) , and fell down.
    Later he saw the holes in her pantyhose.

María was usually bumping into
    furniture. Each time she got closer to what
    she wanted. “What do you want from me?”
    “Nothing, ” he replied, so she took off
    and felt like migrating birds. But many.

Replies for this message:
  • Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/22/2014 8:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi Kiddos: I see that " Acker" still has a ha*don for Lamont. Okay, okay, we know that you think Mother Goose rhymes are better than Lamont's. Who gives a flying ferret?Sing a new song, " Mike."

I don't like liver and onions....but there are still oodles of other things to compare it to than, let's say, beating brussel sprouts to death. If you are some foolish woman who has blindly (as in you have no idea what he looks like) followed Lamont into his saccharine lair....so sad. Move on....reality is so much better than fantasy. Find a poet you can see...a real person....and then concentrate on poetry together.

Come on, Mikeala, if the best you have to offer is stupid comparisons about one poet, your posts are a huge waste of time. For you and for other forumteers. Poetry?Like your work is an indication of a keen mind or a credible critic. Yawn. Lamont, you're an idiot for arguing with this imbecile...or...are you arguing with yourself.

Karaoke...awaits....

• Frank Ovid (4/22/2014 9:42:00 PM) Post reply

If they want this guy gone they have to make a concerted effort to IGNORE every single solitary post for weeks and weeks. I've seen this situation before on other sites. Until then it will stay the s ... more

• Mike Acker (4/22/2014 2:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I honestly think this one by " Wadin" tops anything you have ever written. It has a uniqueness you can never capture, Palmer. Like they they say if you can't write anything great after forty plus years, it just is not going to happen. Raw, honest and a poet who goes out on the limb. You are always hiding in the middle of the tree, Palmer. That is what makes your work so boringly, well, boring.

Sunday Morning
    by Wadin Hooyo

The two n$pples looked at each other
    and giggled excitedly,
    while the navel glanced up lazily, and smiled.
    The va@g$ina keept on daydreaming.

• Mike Acker (4/22/2014 6:01:00 PM) Post reply

This " simple" , " little" poem has more honesty and depth than all your poetry put together, Palmer. I don't say this out hostility. I honestly believe what I am saying. The ti ... more

• Lamont Palmer (4/22/2014 5:37:00 PM) Post reply

You've got a wonderful sense of humor, 'Acker'. Or is that simply insanity?Ha. -LP

• ...- - -... (4/22/2014 12:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Tunnel Vision.

Is that a train coming?
    Is that a train coming?
    Is that a train coming?
    Is that a train coming?

• Frank Ovid (4/22/2014 1:47:00 PM) Post reply

LOL! I just fell off my chair! At first I didn't know what you were talking about, but then I scrolled down a half a page. LOL! (You should have put a couple of commas in the wrong place) : ... more

• Mike Acker (4/22/2014 12:40:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

For The Taking as reply.....

• Mike Acker (4/22/2014 12:40:00 PM) Post reply

For The Taking Tunnel vision, I over-heard him say. His sight was weakening, but you wouldn't have guessed it with the contentment he showed holding his brand new over-sized phone, while playi ... more

• Mike Acker (4/22/2014 11:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

positive critiques, " -LP" will enjoy, as replies....

• Frank Ovid (4/21/2014 8:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I always get a chuckle out of Dots and Dashes. He makes life (a little) better. Isn't that poetry?Isn't that what all the good ones do for you?

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]