Post a message
  • Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 5:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

And.....PAX VOBISCUM!
    H

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 5:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

For all those who are still open to more Christmas greetings best wishes from the frosty party on my little island. We currently have 37 º Celsius which is about 98.6 º Fahrenheit. Medically speaking this means that the body needs help in getting rid of some heat. Since ambient temperature is identical to body temperature there is a potential problem with the absence of a gradient.
    Years of experimentation has shown, however, that a brew of amber fluid, made from Barley, Hops and sugarwater (also called Hopflowertea) , if served in frosted glass at or near 2 º Celsius (35.6 º Fahrenheit) will prevent any problems such as heatstroke and dehydration.
    Happy New Year I say!
    H

• Rookie Rich Hanson (12/24/2005 5:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello Everyone
    Just received the Anthology in today's mail. Kudos to Lori. Very professionally done. The cover art impressed me very much. I'm honored to be in there with so many people that I have high regards for. Poetry Hound, I loved your work! Anyone who writes with the wit and skill that you exhibit deserves his annointed role of site critic. You remind me of Dennis Leary and George Carlin, both of whom I enjoy listening to. Perhaps a little more so of Leary's work.
    This is really a tribute to the website and the friendships and fellowship that one can find on it.
    Happy Holidays! and/or Christmas, Kwanza, whatever.
    Rich

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 11:58:00 PM) Post reply

Yes, you are right Rich. Very well done and surprisingly inexpensive. A perfect holiday season to you with a bit of that Hopflowertea Best wishes H

• Rookie Michael Voorhis (12/24/2005 9:58:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Of an inadequate struggle, losing
    and on Christmas eve, of all days
    Removed from the small scale population
    and wondering how it'll be.
    But I refuse to become an actor and play a happy part,
    and I refuse to sit subtly as they knaw away at me and smile,
    Second-hand spacemen dig into parcels and laugh,
    my funny flavored gifts only take up space in closets

If it were up to me
    and it should be,
    I would use the potential feminine energy
    baking, battering, and basting
    and built a glass isolation room.

• Rookie Rich Hanson (12/24/2005 7:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Unlike our waffling President, who has resorted to the phrase 'Happy Holidays' so as not to offend any potential voter, this freethinker can and would like to wish everyone on this site a 'Merry Christmas.' This forum is my favorite reading on the site; such wonderful personalities emerge. The friends I've made on this site I value highly; Rob, Michael, Pradeep, Jerry, Tiffany, and so many others. Before this turns ino a maudlin hugfest, I'd also like to thank Lori for her efforts. I'm looking very forward to receiving my copy of the antholgy. It should get here any day now.

• Rookie Poetry Hound (12/24/2005 11:18:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Rich. I think you're going to have to turn off Fox News for awhile. They're the ones who complain about the perfectly acceptable phrase 'Happy Holidays.' They're the ones making the ersatz claims a ... more

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (12/24/2005 5:41:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

the world contains men that no matter what you do they will war with you
    even if you offer peace so i approach these men with humour then if they cant
    find humour in words then they are lost anyway but i do offer them a christmas
    greeting and peace in the hope that they find some sort of a way that they
    can deal with there demons i'll be honest with you i'm still trying to deal with mine i will sleep tonight with a free mind and the knowledge that tomorrow
    is another day that i will spend with my family which is a young boy and a young girl merry christmas

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (12/24/2005 5:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It's a sad day in the world of poetry when poets have to use petty squabbles as material to make poems and vindictive prose. Why can't you guys cut each other some slack? Since you all claim charity, while abusing the very word?

• Rookie Joseph Daly (12/24/2005 5:53:00 AM) Post reply

I agree with you Michael, this silly spat is rather like the 'my-dad-is-bigger-than-your-dad' tete-a-tetes one expects in infant school and not on the forum of a site purporting to have poets as it's ... more

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 1:33:00 AM) Post reply

I was just browsing, reminding myself how many really great (and diverse) poems I have been lucky enough to read on this site, when Kelly Vinal came along, out of the blue, from the battlefield in Iraq, and quietly placed another brilliant poem.

I invite you all to have a look.
    Best wishes
    H

• Rookie - 793 Points Jerry Hughes (12/23/2005 10:09:00 PM) Post reply

To those who posted seasons greetings and new year best wishes, permit me to reciprocate doubly. Take good care, and let's get together in 2006. Cheers for now, Jerry

• Rookie Linda Jenkinson (12/23/2005 9:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Happy Christmas all and the best New Year wishes too...I think this place is wonderful...now I am off to the kitchen to do something unspeakable to a turkeys bottom! Oh 'tis the season to be jolly...

To read all of 1 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]