Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Veteran Poet - 1,106 Points Jerry Hughes (1/3/2006 4:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENTS ARE THE GOOD WISHES AND POEMS I'VE RECEIVED ON THIS, MY 75th YEAR A D, FROM FRIENDS AND PEERS ALL OVER THE WORLD. I'M OVERWHELMED.
    BLESS ALL OF YOU AND THANKS, JERRY

Replies for this message:
    • Veteran Poet - 1,106 Points Ernestine Northover (1/3/2006 4:21:00 PM) Post reply

We wouldn't have missed your Birthday for the world, Jerry. Glad you enjoyed our gifts. Love Ernestine XXX

• Veteran Poet - 1,106 Points Adryan Rotica (1/3/2006 4:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Subject: All Fellow Poets It's JERRY HUGHES 75th BIRTHDAY on JAN.4th 'Let's Celebrate' *Write something in the Forum *Send him an email or *Submit a poem

• Rookie Joseph Daly (1/3/2006 3:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

For all of you in need of a good laugh, may I divert your attention to Sean Joyce's poem (?) 'Help me, my poem's escaped (contains words) '. A materpiece I assure you.

• Rookie Poetry Hound (1/3/2006 8:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thanks Denis. It's a hilarious poem.

• Rookie sheila knowles (1/3/2006 4:06:00 PM) Post reply

priceless Denis...I've been singing that bloody song for thelast 20 minutes but that poem cracked me up...love the end bit :)

• Rookie Ernestine Northover (1/3/2006 3:45:00 PM) Post reply

I have read, and it's fantastic Denis Joe, what a write indeed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. A masterpiece? Oh Yes! ! ! ! ! Love Ernestine XXX

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (1/3/2006 2:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

a little birthday poem is waiting for Gerry in the poem section of poem hunter
    i hope Gerry has a funnybone happy birthday Gerry, young fellow

• Rookie Joseph Daly (1/3/2006 2:43:00 PM) Post reply

And very good it is too, Allan. This, I gather, is a fine example of humour from down under, that could be seen as quite hurtful to those that do not take this 'matety banter' into consideration. The ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Cj Heck (1/3/2006 1:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

Happy New Year everyone, and Happy Birthday, Jerry! I've had a house full of holiday company (gone now) and then sick with bronchitis and away from PH. I know I'm way behind reading everyone's new poetry, but please bear with me and I'll try and catch up somehow! I've missed you all.

• Rookie John Kay (1/3/2006 11:15:00 AM) Post reply

Friends...I just posted a baseball poem that's under a ream of new posts suddenly. If you're interested, it's 'Dead Man's Curve.' Thanks.

• Rookie David Wagner (1/3/2006 9:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

Im looking for ideas in writing poems
    If anyone knows a topic that would be interesting to write please let me know

• Rookie Rosa Mayfair (1/3/2006 9:09:00 AM) Post reply

I would like peoples opinions on a poem I just wrote called ' blood on your hands ' thank you

• Rookie Mary Nagy (1/3/2006 7:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I was going to wait till tomorrow but..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY! I do hope you share many, many more here with us! :) Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Lori Boulard (1/3/2006 8:06:00 AM) Post reply

It's way to early (pre-coffee) for me to be as creative as my cohorts, so I will second Mary's sentiment. Happy Happy birthday, Jerry!

• Rookie - 200 Points Ernestine Northover (1/3/2006 7:25:00 AM) Post reply

To Jerry,
    A very happy 75th birthday to you, our friend. Here is a little ditty to 'celebrate the day'

Here's a little ditty,
    It may not be too witty,
    But our Jerry is alive,
    And today he's 75.

Our best wishes come his way,
    On this very special day,
    He's a lovely friend to us,
    And to us, he is a PLUS!

Here on poemhunter.com,
    we've congratulations from
    all your pals who think your swell,
    Cos with us you really gel.

So to a really smashing chap,
    Who is really on our map,
    Happy birthday Jerry dear,
    We send you a GREAT BIG CHEER! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Have a wonderful day, Jerry, and may you have many, many poem productive ones to come.

Love Ernestine XXX

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (1/3/2006 5:41:00 AM) Post reply

A Very Happy Birthday For Jerry Hughes - Poet Extraordinaire

He's nothing like Hannibal
    but so human an animal.
    His poetry shows
    that the blood within flows
    with a steady noblesse,
    not designed to impress
    but a man of the word,
    neither warrior nor nerd.

(The reason this is early is
    the old Alzheimer and a very early day tomorrow) .

So, Jerry, with any luck at all you will be snoozing early tonight in preparation of the big day tomorrow, thus you will not see it early.

My very best wishes for a Happy 75th and that we may meet again before your eightieth.
    Herbert

[Hata Bildir]