Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (1/4/2006 2:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Unusual question:

Is there a way to block access to one's own poems somehow?
    Short of taking them off?
    I shall explain the reason when it's time
    Best
    H

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie - 0 Points Cj Heck (1/3/2006 11:07:00 PM) Post reply

I've had trouble accessing anyone's poetry all evening. How frustrating! Night-night everyone. See you bright and early tomorrow.

• Rookie Mary Nagy (1/3/2006 9:05:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I've never posted poems in the forum before but I hope it's ok this one time......I just want to make sure Jerry sees his Birthday poem and I'm not sure if he'll be on before it's swept off to oblivion! :) Thanks Mary

Happy Birthday Jerry!

When I heard about his birthday
    from the ''birdie'' Adrienne
    I thought I better write a poem
    to celebrate this man.

His heart is young as ever.
    His soul has touched us all.
    He always seems to be there
    when a troubled one may call.

If I had lots of money
    I'd buy something you could use....
    but since I'm just a ''po' folk''
    I'll say Happy Birthday Mr. Hughes!

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (1/4/2006 4:32:00 AM) Post reply

You hit the nail on the head with your second verse, Mary. Yes, he's the heart and soul of this site. And quiet with it too. Who is Australia's Poet Laureate, anyway? But I guess celebratory verses t ... more

• Rookie Jerry Hughes (1/4/2006 12:59:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dear Mary, thank you for my birthday poem, it's lovely. Despite one message dripping with vitriol, I'm humbled by the number of messages of goodwill I received from all over the world. Gratefully, Jer ... more

• Rookie ***** ********* (1/3/2006 5:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

What's with the leap in time folks? It's bloody hard enough, getting used to being 40 bloody 6, without being forced to look a 47 for six months before it's a fact. Does this happen regularly? ...I never realised I'd have to agree to that sort of excellerated ageing, writing on this site! lol I may have to put my age back a year! What a great idea? Never mind! Forget the question.

Grinning, feeling so much younger now!

Tai

• Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (1/3/2006 4:40:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I discovered today at www.poemsabout.com, that a poem of mine about a fish is the most popular poem written about a fish, by anyone, ever.
    And I didn't even realize it WAS about a fish!

ps: Happy Birthday, Jerry!

• Rookie - 7 Points Joseph Daly (1/3/2006 9:22:00 PM) Post reply

Max, This site is so, unbelievably crap in its presentation, whoever came up with the idea deserves to be put on trail. It is the only thing I could enthusiastically support the death penalty as a d ... more

• Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (1/3/2006 8:49:00 PM) Post reply

It's about two children playing in the sandbox. There's a (plastic) fish IN it.

• Rookie - 7 Points Poetry Hound (1/3/2006 8:09:00 PM) Post reply

Bizarre!

• Veteran Poet - 1,207 Points Jerry Hughes (1/3/2006 4:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENTS ARE THE GOOD WISHES AND POEMS I'VE RECEIVED ON THIS, MY 75th YEAR A D, FROM FRIENDS AND PEERS ALL OVER THE WORLD. I'M OVERWHELMED.
    BLESS ALL OF YOU AND THANKS, JERRY

• Veteran Poet - 1,207 Points Ernestine Northover (1/3/2006 4:21:00 PM) Post reply

We wouldn't have missed your Birthday for the world, Jerry. Glad you enjoyed our gifts. Love Ernestine XXX

• Veteran Poet - 1,207 Points Adryan Rotica (1/3/2006 4:20:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Subject: All Fellow Poets It's JERRY HUGHES 75th BIRTHDAY on JAN.4th 'Let's Celebrate' *Write something in the Forum *Send him an email or *Submit a poem

• Rookie Joseph Daly (1/3/2006 3:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

For all of you in need of a good laugh, may I divert your attention to Sean Joyce's poem (?) 'Help me, my poem's escaped (contains words) '. A materpiece I assure you.

• Rookie Poetry Hound (1/3/2006 8:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thanks Denis. It's a hilarious poem.

• Rookie sheila knowles (1/3/2006 4:06:00 PM) Post reply

priceless Denis...I've been singing that bloody song for thelast 20 minutes but that poem cracked me up...love the end bit :)

• Rookie Ernestine Northover (1/3/2006 3:45:00 PM) Post reply

I have read, and it's fantastic Denis Joe, what a write indeed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. A masterpiece? Oh Yes! ! ! ! ! Love Ernestine XXX

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (1/3/2006 2:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

a little birthday poem is waiting for Gerry in the poem section of poem hunter
    i hope Gerry has a funnybone happy birthday Gerry, young fellow

• Rookie Joseph Daly (1/3/2006 2:43:00 PM) Post reply

And very good it is too, Allan. This, I gather, is a fine example of humour from down under, that could be seen as quite hurtful to those that do not take this 'matety banter' into consideration. The ... more

• Rookie - 0 Points Cj Heck (1/3/2006 1:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

Happy New Year everyone, and Happy Birthday, Jerry! I've had a house full of holiday company (gone now) and then sick with bronchitis and away from PH. I know I'm way behind reading everyone's new poetry, but please bear with me and I'll try and catch up somehow! I've missed you all.

• Rookie John Kay (1/3/2006 11:15:00 AM) Post reply

Friends...I just posted a baseball poem that's under a ream of new posts suddenly. If you're interested, it's 'Dead Man's Curve.' Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]