Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Allan James Saywell (11/3/2005 5:10:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

women relax you dont need a bra when you have me for a dozen eggs i will
    walk behind you holding your mammories exacty where you want them

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/3/2005 10:14:00 AM) Post reply

...er.. what are we arguing about? A piece of poetry news? Scum again? Fluoride as herbicide?

• Rookie Marcy Jarvis (11/3/2005 8:16:00 AM) Post reply

Herbert thinks he knows something about the ink spot at the Wartburg. LOL.

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/3/2005 8:16:00 AM) Post reply

Well, I must go now Marcy. You need to pick on someone of roughly your own intelligence level (perhaps some of the backwoods of Bavaria) but don't try your luck in the Wartburg region. My ancestors would not take kindly to a foreigner of your type and do have minimum requirements. I shudder when I think that you might stick a wad of Wrigley's onto the ink spot.
    Adieu
    H

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/3/2005 8:10:00 AM) Post reply

Why do you always run and hide Marcy? Didn't you want mother to see your offerings in the forum?
    See below:
    Marcy Jarvis (11/3/2005 7: 51: 00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Herbert claims to be one of the 'gods'. Doesn't that just explain everything?

Replies for this message:

Herbert Nehrlich (11/3/2005 7: 54: 00 AM) Post reply | Delete this message
    Yes it does. But I hereby command you to write God with a capital 'G' and while bowing your balding head. The following song comes to mind: 'Are you lonesome tonight...' G

• Rookie - 7 Points Max Reif (11/3/2005 7:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

'THE BIG D': Andrew coined that monicker for Death in a recent poem about people's last words. I know one great 'last words' story. Wonder if anyone else knows any. (Michael just wrote a poem with one in it.) Please, only real stories here. If you want to post a 'wouldn't it be funny' made-up 'last words' story, that'd be great, but start a new thread, ok?

Here's my favorite one:

Fritz Perls, father of Gestalt psychotherapy, & a charismatic figure at Esalen Institute in California, was famous for never listening to anybody, just doing his own thing. He was finally in the hospital, as an old man, for a heart ailment or something. He lit up a cigarette in bed, and the nurse said, 'No Smoking, Dr. Perls.'
    'No one tells Fritz Perls what to do! ' he replied, and died!

• Rookie - 7 Points Richard George (11/4/2005 1:05:00 AM) Post reply

Last recorded words of Wyndham Lewis, cantankerous colossus of Modernism: 'MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! ' - to a nurse in London who'd just asked him about his bowel movements.

• Rookie - 7 Points Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/3/2005 7:45:00 AM) Post reply

Fritz who never left Germany really behind made many memorable statements for daily use. One of my favourites is: 'Psychoanalysis is an illness pretending to be a cure'. He died of a heart attack, wa ... more

• Rookie - 7 Points Michael Shepherd (11/3/2005 7:37:00 AM) Post reply

There are three anthologies of Famous Last Words. (I posted this already; it appeared on screen; disappeared. It was prefixed by a space and a double bracket - others be warned) . Would make a grea ... more

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/3/2005 6:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hi all:
    A serious allegation has been raised. A person has left a comment under my latest poem (Proper Vodka) accusing me of plagiarism.
    I do not know who this is but have demanded immediate proof or an apology.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    See below:
    Tiyler Durden (11/3/2005 5: 55: 00 AM)
    PPffttt this is a copy from one of David Darbyshire's poems......

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/3/2005 7:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Tiyler may have got his wires crossed. David Darbyshire's poem 'Doc' about writing a poem a day was surely a compliment to you, Herbert?

• Rookie David Nelson Bradsher (11/3/2005 7:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have a feeling it's one of those alter-egos of a regular here, Herbert. Tyler Durden is the antagonistic alter-ego character from the book and movie, 'Fight Club', and I think someone here is messi ... more

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/3/2005 5:39:00 AM) Post reply

I must thank everyone that read Todd's poem...........His poem is at the #128 spot and he's loving it! ! Hey, I wonder what that says about the rating system? ? :) That's so funny! ~~ Although it may be creating a monster~~~ Thanks again. Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/3/2005 4:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Max'nall, check out the news headline on the home page (which you can actually read without subscribing to Kerala Press...) about the world's first-ever novel in the second-person future tense of hideous prediction, by a poet and self-proclaimed 'best writer in the world' (sorry, Andrew) ...

• Rookie Max Reif (11/3/2005 6:49:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I checked it out. I think Matt Getty might be Matthew Pearson. I went to his website, practically have a headache from his self-promotion. Could anyone who proclaims himself 'the world's best writer, ... more

• Rookie Poetry Hound (11/3/2005 5:12:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Shep, thanks for pointing out this fascinating article, which for some reason originates at a website in Kerala, the Southern India state whose capital is Thiruvananthapuram and whose population is 33 ... more

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/2/2005 11:01:00 PM) Post reply

Amicalement votre. My apologies Ronberge. It's the fluoride.
    Best
    H

[Hata Bildir]