Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 8:22:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Misunderstood again. Well now. I said teaches at a community college, knocks McKuen and that it is a bit rich. Sorry, nothing wrong with that.
    Incidentally, a community college exists in America and hardly anywhere else. Enlightened old world countries like Germany, France, Switzerland (shall I go on) do not accept credits from community colleges even as High School credits (shall we say Secondary School) .
    But, for the local market it probably is useful. I had a look the other day at the Nobel Prizes over the decades and it was very interesting.
    But we really ought to dropp the subject, it is getting late at my end.
    Allan where are you?
    Best wishes
    H

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 8:20:00 AM) Post reply Stage

this forum has been in the best shape it has ever been...and then you re-entered it with your cringe-inducing solipsism, solipsism, solipsism. l

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 8:18:00 AM) Post reply Stage

nothing to re-read. you have accused me of making 'death-threats', which I clearly did not. I repeat, you are a disgrace.

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 7:57:00 AM) Post reply Stage

in your much enjoyed absence, everybody HAS been discussing poetry. you and Allan have NEVER used this forum to discuss poetry! Are Robert O J or Michael Sheperd incapable of discussing poetry? Michael is a professional critic...who the hell are you?

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:56:00 AM) Post reply Stage

But, dear members of this exclusive club, I can see that my presence is stirring up feelings of unwelcome, fuelled by whatever.
    So I bid you good night but must say that I am of a mind tonight to stay here on this website. Baxter said it, the comment about the legs.
    And I hope you people do not yield to the temptation to utter silly death threats or profanities, it is not becoming.
    Peace is the order of the day and this is a poetry site.
    Best wishes to all and may your talent grow.
    H

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:50:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Fry, I will stoop to answer your question. If poetry could be discussed on this forum it would be wonderful. For that to happen you have to start with intelligent people who have at least a basic knowledge of the subject. As Allan Saywell had pointed out some time ago, none of the frequent users fit this description.
    Pretending to know about and/or understand the poetry of real poets is reminiscent of someone who teaches the subject at a community college (give me a break) and knocks Rod McKuen. That's rich.
    Yes, I would welcome it if the forum could be used for serious discussion of poetry.
    If we could get Lare Austin, Linda Preston, Sylvia Spencer, Erwin Baxter, Allan Saywell, Christine McGee, Gypsy Scarborough, Sandra Osborne, Janice Pickett and about another 5 - 10 real poets to meet here.
    There is no point in discussing the properties of a chemical with a bellydancer.
    Well, one can hope for times to change.
    Best wishes to all.
    H

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:41:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I am saying it again that we have troublemakers on this website that make it miserable for all others.
    These individuals would have been removed from any other poetrysite, perhaps they have been.
    We can only hope that sanity will prevail in the end.
    There are only a few, so let the rest of us be optimists.
    H

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Even though Peckerwood has removed his threat and poor taste comment I will refresh the memories of those who may have missed or forgotten it. He stated that a pillow to suffocate me would be a good suggestion and he also threatened me to leave this site, mentioning casually should we meet in the dark....
    I responded to this and I am leaving this stand here. Perhaps management will not take kindly to (even silly) death threats, made by both Mark Fry and Peckerwood.I am still hoping that troublemakers will be banned from this site.
    H

• Andy Konisberg (4/27/2005 7:29:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I think that is a laudable suggestion Hubris. take your bile to the operatic and classical world, I'm sure they'll rejoice at the 'find'...the next Wagner? Or perhaps another word beginning with 'W'...

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/27/2005 7:27:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Yes, of course envy makes people blind. I had stopped writing and posting for quite some time yet my ratings are continuing way up there compared to those of your untalented friends.
    It must be the talent shining through, you know 'talent will out...'
    I see no reason for insults which you seem so fond of and the clumsy and poor taste threat with a pillow to put someone out of his misery by suffocation only shows who you are. As I said, more and more people see you and your kind now.

But no one is afraid of you. The fear is all yours.

[Hata Bildir]