Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Finn Hansen (4/13/2005 5:56:00 PM) Post reply

Alexa there is only one reason you are all here. It is because you are all REALLY enjoying the banter. There is a certain excitment in trying to go one better than another person. The challenge of the fight, the adrenalin rush from winning the race. YES all of you here are up there at the start line hoping to win.
    I shall hold the white flag if you wish. You are all winners in your own right. This is a race none of you will win as the race is won by you all. Have fun. I know you are.

• Alexa Balfour (4/13/2005 5:53:00 PM) Post reply

Finn Hansen (4/13/2005 5: 49: 00 PM) Post reply

My quote of 100 years is from scientific reports and journals written in the last five years. Why not do me the honour of looking it up for yourself. If I have read incorrectly I will be happy to correct my statement.
    Finn

I accept your comments Finn but you were making a general statement. That is a very unscientific act. would you be kind enough to elaborate with a time-scale and refer to a couple of the journals you have read?

• Linda Preston (4/13/2005 5:52:00 PM) Post reply

Hey, we've come around full circle. Dare I say'because it amuses me to do so' Rather like the clock in your eye?

• Alexa Balfour (4/13/2005 5:50:00 PM) Post reply

I'm gonna write a poem called 'why would someone with nothing to say stay on a forum with other people she considers as having nothing to say for so very tediously long? '

• Linda Preston (4/13/2005 5:48:00 PM) Post reply

Clock in your eye still ticking away Sherreeeeeeeeeeeeeeebaby?

• Alexa Balfour (4/13/2005 5:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

that average of '100 years' is stretching things a little far...the average is creeping up to 80 years at present...to have an average life expectancy of 100 years you will need to have people living (regularly) up to 120 years+ that is a little unrealistic in even the next 3 decades.

Replies for this message:
    • Finn Hansen (4/13/2005 5:51:00 PM) Post reply

Sorry, forgot to add that my figures are based on a world-wide report. Maybe it is a little different in some areas Finn

• Finn Hansen (4/13/2005 5:49:00 PM) Post reply

My quote of 100 years is from scientific reports and journals written in the last five years. Why not do me the honour of looking it up for yourself. If I have read incorrectly I will be happy to corr ... more

• Finn Hansen (4/13/2005 5:37:00 PM) Post reply

I just looged in to say a big THANKS to the two charming ladies who offered me help with the poem.
    I was das to read these messages and see that in fact those ladies are involved in this mud slinging. ? ? ? ?
    I know it can be fun sometimes but I felt a sadness when I came in here.
    Oh and in Passing...I do not know anything about any of you..BUT comments on natural medicine recognition were made.
    I have studied in that area and 25/30 years ago it was not recognised as an accepted practice. Today it is different. Universities were not recognised if they graducated people from Natural and alternative medicines.
    I have all the respectin the world for going natural. It is far better and due to the amount to people who now think in this way, our lives have become younger and we live longer. now an average of 100 instead of 75 is expected.
    Excuse my intrusion.

• Linda Preston (4/13/2005 5:33:00 PM) Post reply

Sherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee/Alexa Oh, you two are back thought you'd nodded off there for a bit - thought all that high energy had run out. Nerves, no I don't have nerves - unlike yourself. Valium still working?

• Linda Preston (4/13/2005 5:13:00 PM) Post reply

Sonja,
    Thanks for message - sorry to hear your leaving. If you send me your private e mail address I will contact you.

• Linda Preston (4/13/2005 5:13:00 PM) Post reply

Can't say I've read that Paul..as I say I very rarely come on here

[Hata Bildir]