Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Warren Chan (3/2/2005 1:34:00 AM) Post reply

link to my poems: http: //www.poemhunter.com/warren-chan/poet-58422/
    I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to offer some of their valuable time and give critiscm and comments to the poems i've posted..they're all written by myself so any criticsm is accepted. I'm open minded ^^

Thxs in advance!

• ZhaoNian (Michael) Chen (3/1/2005 6:30:00 PM) Post reply

Hi,

This is my advertisement for my poems.
    I like my poems, pls read them?

Thanks,

• Miriam Nagi (3/1/2005 4:45:00 PM) Post reply

I was wondering If anyone could help me with the analysis of Sylvia Plath's Child. If anyone has any information at all please let me know.

Thanks!

• Heather Broome (2/26/2005 6:33:00 PM) Post reply

I just read 'Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood' and I cannot identify the argument in the ode. If someone could help me work through this poem I would really appreciate it.

• Jace Cifuentes (2/26/2005 11:32:00 AM) Post reply

I have recently read Eloisa to Abelard by Alexander Pope, and find it to be my favorite piece of literature next to the bible. if anyone else has read it i would like to hear some thoughts on it.

• Felicity Curson (2/22/2005 7:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

Can anyone help i need to find out about Siegfried sasson and Wilfred owen has anyone got any info on them for me

Replies for this message:
    • Andrew Fincham (2/23/2005 10:21:00 AM) Post reply

Both were taken from middle class backgrounds to trains as very junior officers in WW1. Owen was a middle class boy from the midlands/welsh borders who gained notice for his poems written about the wa ... more

• louis sacre croix (2/22/2005 9:37:00 PM) Post reply

Just tell me what you want to know?

• louis sacre croix (2/22/2005 9:36:00 PM) Post reply

I know a lot about them in fact Owen is my favourite poet.

To read all of 5 replies click here
  • Sam Li (2/19/2005 11:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

i want to know what does this poem mean...

Because I could not stop for Death by Emily Dickinson

Because I could not stop for Death-
    He kindly stopped for me-
    The Carriage held but just Ourselves-
    And Immortality.

We slowly drove-He knew no haste
    And I had put away
    My labor and my leisure too,
    For His Civility-

We passed the School, where Children strove
    At Recess-in the Ring-
    We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain-
    We passed the Setting Sun-

Or rather-He passed us-
    The Dews drew quivering and chill-
    For only Gossamer, my Gown-
    My Tippet-only Tulle-

We paused before a House that seemed
    A Swelling of the Ground-
    The Roof was scarcely visible-
    The Cornice-in the Ground-

Since then-'tis Centuries-and yet
    Feels shorter than the Day
    I first surmised the Horses' Heads
    Were toward Eternity-

• Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson (3/7/2005 11:38:00 PM) Post reply

Because I could not stop for Death by Emily Dickinson Shy, sweet, innocent, with a heart for true adventure. Ms. Dickinson, was a lonely heart, who dared to dream of the path less walked. She, in ... more

• louis sacre croix (2/22/2005 9:50:00 PM) Post reply

Death is personified as a gentleman caller or suitor. Thomas H. Johnson calls him 'one of the great characters of literature.' But exactly what kind of person is he? Is Death a kind, polite suitor ... more

• Andrew Fincham (2/20/2005 5:36:00 AM) Post reply

First, what do you know about ED? She was a funny girl – didn’t get out of the house enough (if hardly at all…) . Her family was got hit by the wave of Christianity which required a ‘conversion experi ... more

• Michael Lacostales (2/19/2005 12:29:00 AM) Post reply

HI GUYS! I'M A NEW MEMBER OF THIS SITE AND I WOULD REALLY GRATEFUL TO SOME WHO WOULD LIKE TO BECOME MY FRIENDS. i DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADD PEOPLE TO MY FRIENDS LIST SO I'D REALLY APPRICIATE IT IF YOU DID THE FIRST MOVE. PLEASE...

• Katie Pesskin (2/15/2005 11:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have to analyse John Betjeman's 'Diary of a Church Mouse' and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about deeper meanings than just the mousein the church. You can find the poem on this website under John Betjeman's poems. I wouls really appreciate any ideas.

• Andrew Fincham (2/16/2005 10:25:00 AM) Post reply

I sent you a mail - I don't really know how to use this site - and I think I should have posted instead of sending. Anyway, if you find it, hope it helps...

• Daniel Cook (2/10/2005 4:50:00 PM) Post reply

Does anyone know about reese roper and leanor ortega's poety book. they are former members of the band five iron frenzy. please let me know where i can find it or at least what it is called.

[Hata Bildir]