Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Lamont Palmer (2/11/2014 8:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I received a couple of emails asking if 'Cutting the Losses' is 'truthful'. I don't give much credence to 'truth' in poetry. You can go a great deal further on imagination. In this case, the poem was based on real events, but embellished a bit, as the best tales are. Also read the selections by Alicia Winski, a good poet and a nice woman.

The January 2014 issue of Ygdrasil, A Journal of the Poetic Arts, containing work by Alicia Winski; Cloe Mayne; Kay Kinghammer; Mike Perkins; Steven Stone; Lamont Palmer; Steve Klepetar; Michael McAloran and John Ladd, is now available at http://users.synapse.net/kgerken. With this issue we enter our 22nd year of publication.
    - - - Original Message - - -
    To: PALMER
    Sent: Tuesday, November 26,2013 8: 23 PM
    Subject: Poetry Submission: Lamont Palmer

Replies for this message:
    • Alexander Rizzo (2/11/2014 3:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I found 'Cutting Losses' to be sentimental but not crushed by it. The other two were more experimental to my mind, but enjoysble. I know Klaus pretty well, the founder of Ygdrasil. Good fellow.

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Sherrie Kolb Cassel (2/11/2014 1:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Oh em gee! I've missed you all so terribly (retch) ! Here's some poetry...for good measure...especially for those with diminutive dimensions from head to head.

Degrees Of Gray In Philipsburg

Richard Hugo

You might come here Sunday on a whim.
    Say your life broke down. The last good kiss
    you had was years ago. You walk these streets
    laid out by the insane, past hotels
    that didn't last, bars that did, the tortured try
    of local drivers to accelerate their lives.
    Only churches are kept up. The jail
    turned 70 this year. The only prisoner
    is always in, not knowing what he's done.

The principal supporting business now
    is rage. Hatred of the various grays
    the mountain sends, hatred of the mill,
    The Silver Bill repeal, the best liked girls
    who leave each year for Butte. One good
    restaurant and bars can't wipe the boredom out.
    The 1907 boom, eight going silver mines,
    a dance floor built on springs-
    all memory resolves itself in gaze,
    in panoramic green you know the cattle eat
    or two stacks high above the town,
    two dead kilns, the huge mill in collapse
    for fifty years that won't fall finally down.

Isn't this your life?That ancient kiss
    still burning out your eyes?Isn't this defeat
    so accurate, the church bell simply seems
    a pure announcement: ring and no one comes?
    Don't empty houses ring?Are magnesium
    and scorn sufficient to support a town,
    not just Philipsburg, but towns
    of towering blondes, good jazz and booze
    the world will never let you have
    until the town you came from dies inside?

Say no to yourself. The old man, twenty
    when the jail was built, still laughs
    although his lips collapse. Someday soon,
    he says, I'll go to sleep and not wake up.
    You tell him no. You're talking to yourself.
    The car that brought you here still runs.
    The money you buy lunch with,
    no matter where it's mined, is silver
    and the girl who serves your food
    is slender and her red hair lights the wall.

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Jefferson Carter (2/10/2014 8:26:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hey, I saw a photo of Trade (Terd) Martin, my old enemy on PH! Man, is he ugly! Believe it or not, he was even more annoying than Tony Speletto.

• Lamont Palmer (2/11/2014 6:17:00 AM) Post reply

Trade's primary problem was an abject narrow-mindedness. But he's an ok gent, in his own way. -LP

• Steven Ralph (2/10/2014 8:51:00 PM) Post reply

Jeff, that's a rather bold statement.

• Ur A Fag Lol (2/10/2014 5:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

helo fagots lol

• -. - . _. (2/11/2014 12:16:00 PM) Post reply

helo Web definitions Karl C. Agathon is a fictional character on the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica TV series, portrayed by Tahmoh Penikett.

• Alexander Rizzo (2/10/2014 4:01:00 PM) Post reply

I can see the appeal of this site, as opposed to a moderated site. There's a free-wheeling, Wild West feel to it, thats exciting, even while its disruptive. Been reading through poems, as I'm pretty addicted to that process. I am curious why the members with the biggest mouths and the nastiest posts (particularly names on this page) don't have any poems posted. Troublemakers with no credibility should be absolutely dismissed. There should be more poems by Marianne Moore, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

• Alexander Rizzo (2/9/2014 10:05:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I've visited my share of forums in the last couple of years, but I have never seen such a level of childishness and abject stupidity. Are you people actually adults in here?I had a few paragraphs to post to get some feedback but this does not seem to be the place to do it.

• Alexander Rizzo (2/9/2014 10:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Internet animals I see. I don't write poetry, I write criticism and I edit a small ezine. But there are only worthless people here apparently. Thanks for the memories. I'm out.

To read all of 3 replies click here
  • Stan Grossman (2/9/2014 8:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Your 'humor' is very awkward. LOL! White guy at the disco is the best description I can think of. Doofus!

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Dan Reynolds (2/9/2014 5:43:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Zzzzzero.

As the fly approached the windscreen,
    too late, it saw the glass.
    The last thing that went through it’s mind?
    I’m sorry to say… it’s ass.

• Lamont Palmer (2/9/2014 2:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I was arrested outside of a liquor store?Is that true, 'Tony'?Do you know that to be a fact to post it in a public forum?You've crossed the line. -LP

Tony Maletto (2/9/2014 1: 12: 00 AM) Post reply
    I think it is time to celebrate. We have not only gotten rid of a mediocre " poet" but have have exposed him for the delusional psycho that he is. He was arrested last night outside a liquor store attacking people with what turned out to be sharply rolled falsified stock trading records. He will be charged with assault with a falsified and illegal weapon. A dog, called Scoty Dogg was found at the scene being verbally attacked by Mr. Palmer with such verbally abusive terms as " b$thc" or " your nothin but my b$thc" and " I made you what you are, bithc" .

Sherrie has apparently moved to glorious Germany to join a small fringe Nazi group living in the wilds of Bavaria. Her husband will be directing their theatre group, which will be reenacting the glorious rise of the third reich. As they are devout Christians their productions will be exploring the complex questions surrounding Christ's background as a Jew and their fanatical hatred of Jews. From what we hear she is very excited to become the morning presenter of Morgen Dichte, a presentation of German poetry read naked by the presenter. We wish her all the best as long as its away from here.

Well it looks like these three are off to a good start in their new lives.

Blue Bird graces our forum regularly and the hope is that the more cleaned up it becomes the more she will grace us with her presence.

All good news, good people of Forum City! Oh I almost forgot, Mr. Carter is very close to solving the " persona" mystery. As you know we have offered him all the help we can. What a wonderful community this will be one day soon!

• Lamont Palmer (2/9/2014 9:54:00 AM) Post reply

Angie, we agreed to not speak to each other again. Please honor that, and stop addressing me or jumping into my exchanges. -LP

• Lamont Palmer (2/9/2014 2:22:00 AM) Post reply

I'll give you a hint, 'Tony': you're about to be exposed. Do you think you can't be tracked?Its obvious that you are now harrassing me on a public forum, and you're doing it with an alias. I stopped posting for a week to prove that your attacks are unprovoked. I've been advised to give you a public warning. -LP

[Hata Bildir]