Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Atheanga Tiomaint (4/1/2014 11:46:00 PM) Post reply

I was asked by two members to re-post. They were so intrigued I was given a list of others to analyze. Of course trolls, those hiding behind a persona(such as Frank Ovid=Lamont Palmer and Stan Grossman=Scot Dog or Scotty Doggy or Frank Ovid's li'l b$ tc h or Lamont Palmer's.... well you get the idea) are much more difficult to analyze. I have asked my German colleague Dr. Dr. Herman Hermanlungen(yes,2 PHds) to assist me in this most challenging analysis yet. I will have Herman join us soon as himself.

Based on Sherry's posts, I will venture to guess that she had a strict religious upbringing. Either she was raised by strict Jehovah's witnesses or possibly raised in a strict Catholic home. There is every indication that she experienced abuse of some sort, either as a witness to physical and other abuse or even as a victim. What that develops is a love hate relationship with the mother. The mother is seen as both an enabler of the abuse by the father while at the same time there is pity for the mother as a victim. Often mothers who are extremely religious will even deny the abuse or the depth of the abuse.

All this helps explain the " rough" exterior and the constant need to be in control. Sadly, women with this type of upbringing are more likely to marry pedophiles and alcoholics. They are also twice as likely to enter into abusive relationships in spite of the fact that that is what they would tolerate the least. The relationship with Danny Reynolds says quite a bit about Sherry's personality. From what I read of her exchanges with him, there was a lot of baiting by her, which of course seems to have always triggered a reaction from Danny. This feeling of control actually produces a sense of euphoria on Sherry's part. It is not enough to experience one or two reactions, rather her pleasure is derived from the feeling of control of a male who has in some way or another " hurt" her. This pain turns her anger into rage, but due to the dynamics of a forum, she must use her intellect to inflict maximum revenge and the longer term the more enjoyable.

I wish to thank the two forum members who have asked that I conduct this study. The two characters, Sherry and Lamont, exhibit, in my opinion, signs of borderline personality disorder and as such make ideal candidates. I see this as a challenge and will move on to Lamont Palmer the next discussion.

• Mike Acker (4/1/2014 10:34:00 PM) Post reply

Trillions

At last count there are
    thirty seven trillion cells.
    It's me against them.

Mike Acker
    Senryu(could be a Haiku)

• Frank Ovid (4/1/2014 9:39:00 PM) Post reply

His poems are very rhythmic too.

• Stan Grossman (4/1/2014 9:36:00 PM) Post reply

Carter's like Moses. The Charlton Heston one. Jeeez, the guy speaks and no one has the guts to say anything. I could see Carter parting the Red Sea. Kick you some troll a*s!

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/1/2014 12:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Response to a mmember:

Believe it or not, both Sherry and Lamont fit the profiles of what is now referred to as cyber bullies. The U.S. and Canada are both preparing new legislation to combat this new type of harassment and stalking. Many studies are under way to help define what constitutes cyber bullying and how to recognize it. Most cyber bullies exhibit similar patterns in how they express themselves on forums.

It has been a very interesting exercise for me as the two subjects, Sherry Kolb and Lamont Palmer are so deliciously " disturbed" .

Replies for this message:
  • Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/1/2014 9:04:00 AM) Post reply

Good morning, All! Poetry and coffee, a great way to start the day! Have an awesome one.

Night Feeding

By Muriel Rukeyser

Deeper than sleep but not so deep as death
    I lay there dreaming and my magic head
    remembered and forgot. On first cry I
    remembered and forgot and did believe.
    I knew love and I knew evil:
    woke to the burning song and the tree burning blind,
    despair of our days and the calm milk-giver who
    knows sleep, knows growth, the sex of fire and grass,
    renewal of all waters and the time of the stars
    and the black snake with gold bones.
    Black sleeps, gold burns; on second cry I woke
    fully and gave to feed and fed on feeding.
    Gold seed, green pain, my wizards in the earth
    walked through the house, black in the morning dark.
    Shadows grew in my veins, my bright belief,
    my head of dreams deeper than night and sleep.
    Voices of all black animals crying to drink,
    cries of all birth arise, simple as we,
    found in the leaves, in clouds and dark, in dream,
    deep as this hour, ready again to sleep.

• Dan Reynolds (4/1/2014 6:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Posted as a reply, two oldies lumped together for D.

• delilah contrapunctal (4/3/2014 10:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thank you, Danny...fun, indeed.... Be well... all happiness to you and yours, all things bright and beautiful...with the exception, of course, of the short-sighted tunneling terrors... Love, D. ... more

• Dan Reynolds (4/1/2014 6:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The Mole the Merrier?(Part 1) There’s a mole at the bottom of the garden, I’m told they’re awful cute. I’d like to arrange a meeting, Between his ar$e and my boot. 18 months of garden for ... more

• delilah contrapunctal (4/1/2014 4:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

too many loonies/ boring and tiresome..not even the vestige of a sense of humor here...all flaming egos and nonsensical babblings....dismal and dull....

• delilah contrapunctal (4/1/2014 6:33:00 AM) Post reply

this to say there was a time when it was fun here on PH/much to learn/ lively, interesting people with whom to exchange ideas re: poetry. all manner of stuffs....now mainly silly crap and nonsensical ... more

• Dan Reynolds (4/1/2014 6:28:00 AM) Post reply

I'll bring some humour back D. Watch this dpace.; ¬)

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/1/2014 12:24:00 AM) Post reply

Hoping to see more attempts at Angie's challenge to write an ekphrastic poem. Until tomorrow. Night.

• Atheanga Tiomaint (3/31/2014 10:55:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Based on Sherry's posts, I will venture to guess that she had a strict religious upbringing. Either she was raised by strict Jehovah's witnesses or possibly raised in a strict Catholic home. There is every indication that she experienced abuse of some sort, either as a witness to physical and other abuse or even as a victim. What that develops is a love hate relationship with the mother. The mother is seen as both an enabler of the abuse by the father while at the same time there is pity for the mother as a victim. Often mothers who are extremely religious will even deny the abuse or the depth of the abuse.

All this helps explain the " rough" exterior and the constant need to be in control. Sadly, women with this type of upbringing are more likely to marry pedophiles and alcoholics. They are also twice as likely to enter into abusive relationships in spite of the fact that that is what they would tolerate the least. The relationship with Danny Reynolds says quite a bit about Sherry's personality. From what I read of her exchanges with him, there was a lot of baiting by her, which of course seems to have always triggered a reaction from Danny. This feeling of control actually produces a sense of euphoria on Sherry's part. It is not enough to experience one or two reactions, rather her pleasure is derived from the feeling of control of a male who has in some way or another " hurt" her. This pain turns her anger into rage, but due to the dynamics of a forum, she must use her intellect to inflict maximum revenge and the longer term the more enjoyable.

I wish to thank the two forum members who have asked that I conduct this study. The two characters, Sherry and Lamont, exhibit, in my opinion, signs of borderline personality disorder and as such make ideal candidates. I see this as a challenge and will move on to Lamont Palmer the next discussion.

[Hata Bildir]