Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Jim Hogg (3/30/2014 12:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Sherrie's back..... Everybody's fighting... I'm going back to poetry...

Replies for this message:
    • -. - . _. (3/30/2014 7:01:00 PM) Post reply

Jim Hogg (3/30/2014 12: 27: 00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply .......... the fault was mine...........

• Jim Hogg (3/30/2014 12:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I've gotten myself into a lot of bother this fine day with my efforts to pour oil on troubled waters.... the road to hell and all that....Lamont... the fault was mine.. I used CK as a device and I'll happily carry the can for that. Angie believed me and thought it was the truth, so this bit in relation to her is out of order in my view: " couldn't care less about being truthful in their interactions" . You're too bright a guy to miss the point.... She was only repeating what she thought was true.... I don't suspect her honesty at all but she might have been squaring accounts to a certain extent... Blame me for the attribution blunder.... It would be great if most of us could treat each other with a little respect in here. Some won't ever be able to do that it seems but those of us who've been " around" for a few years have shown in the past that we can... I'm going to try hitting the reset switch on my attitudes...

• Mike Acker (3/30/2014 12:34:00 PM) Post reply

I'll have whatever Jim is ordering, meaning I'll sign up for that. I've hit my switch also.

• Mike Acker (3/30/2014 11:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

First And Last

He walked along the edge of the rim
    of the black volcano. Neon yellow was
    the best way he could describe the color
    of this flat, two-foot wide ledge.

His white suit glowed eerily against
    the blueish black background, shimmering
    across the almost transparent,
    teal liquid of a lake of some sort.

There was no going home, he knew that.
    Strangely, he didn't feel lost. The only
    human left on this, the furthest mission
    into the solar system.

The beauty was stunning, looking up
    from Io at Jupiter, taking up half the sky,
    this foreign sky. He never felt more alone,
    and yet, at the same time, at home.

Space, here on Io, or further was now
    not just his new home, but mankind's.
    He thought at least he will have
    this magnificent view as he nears his end.
    Mike Acker

• metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (3/30/2014 8:28:00 PM) Post reply

I love sci-fi! Here's an old one, inspired by the old 'ACE' paperbacks I used to read when I was a kid. Do you remember?One novel, flip it over, another novel upside down! Man, I miss those things! ... more

• Jim Hogg (3/30/2014 12:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

One more name for your reading list, especially given the themes you're drawn to... a guy who like Metamorphhh seems to have no limits to his imagination... Tailor Bell... these two have a great deal ... more

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (3/30/2014 9:56:00 AM) Post reply

Good morning, avengers and models of morality. Last word on this topic: my conscience is clear.
    I do find the unlicensed (and uneducated) psychological diagnoses that are offered here
    to be interesting and that say more about the one giving the diagnoses than they do about
    the designee of the diagnoses.

If this site is to be used for hashing and rehashing " feuds" , then, so be it. I will continue
    to offer poetry, when I have the time.

Flowers from a New Love after the Divorce

By Paisley Rekdal

Cut back the stems an inch to keep in bloom.
    So instructs the florist’s note
    enclosed inside the flowers.
    Who knew what was cut
    could heal again, the green wounds close,
    stitching themselves together?
    It doesn’t matter. The flowers, red
    and white, will bloom awhile, then wither.
    You sit in an unlit room and watch
    the vase throw crystal shadows through the dark.
    The flowers’ colors are so lovely they’re painful.
    In a week, you’ll have to throw them out.
    It’s only hope that makes you take out scissors,
    separate each bloom and cut
    where you last measured. Did you know
    Venus was said to turn into a virgin
    each time she bathed?She did it
    as a mark of love. She did it

so as to please her lovers. Perhaps,
    overwhelmed by pain,
    she eventually stopped bathing
    altogether. It doesn’t matter. It’s a pleasure
    to feel the green nubs stripped, watch the stems
    refresh under your blade. They’re here
    because they’re beautiful. They glow
    inside your crystal vase. And yet
    the flowers by themselves are nothing:
    only a refraction of color that,
    in a week or two, will be thrown out.
    Day by day, the water lowers. The red-
    and-white heads droop, blacken at the stems.
    It doesn’t matter. Even cut stems heal.
    But what is the point of pain if it heals?
    Some things should last forever, instructs
    the florist’s note. Pleasure,
    says one god. Shame, says another.
    Venus heads, they call these flowers.
    In a week or two, you’ll lose the note,
    have to call the florist up.
    With sympathy, you’ll think he says.

Perhaps: With love. It doesn’t matter.
    You’ve stopped bathing. Alone,
    you sit before the crystal
    vase refracting you in pieces
    through the dark. You watch
    the pale skin bloom inside it, wither.
    You petal, inch by inch.
    You turn red and white together.

• Mike Acker (3/29/2014 11:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Oh, offering assistance is enabling! Son of a gun! Never thought of that. OK, I will tell Danny to go ffffffffffffff himself cause I do not want to enable anyone. Geeze! Can you believe I was almost going to enable the son of a gun?Thanks a lot, Sherrie. Gee, that was great advice. Thank you so much. Can you believe that doggerelist was going to have Jim, Blue Bird(whom I like ahemmmm(in the best of ways, of course)) , and myself enable him. What a sleaze ball! . In some states that is a crime, I believe?

• Mike Acker (3/30/2014 11:30:00 AM) Post reply

I keep stepping on bird sh$it. It gets into that crevasse between the sole and the heel. Or is it guano?

• Lamont Palmer (3/30/2014 5:40:00 AM) Post reply

I'm really trying to determine which is more unimaginative and cheesy: your forum posts, or your 'poetry'. I'm torn. -LP

• Mike Acker (3/29/2014 9:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

At this point, I would not be surprised to find out that Palmer was the Shakrinas and Shakrins. It would be strange, but it did get him support from everyone. Why would someone who dislikes him do something to garner sympathy for Palmer. It doesn't make sense.

I will say this. As far as I am concerned Sherrie and Palmer are both psychotic and let's not forget delusional. Neither one is particularly talented. They can write poetry, after 20 or thirty years you had better write some poetry. But neither one has achieved anything of value. But they both present themselves as " gifted" poets. As Sherrie posted in her biography section: " I can't be bothered by all the publishers who want my material" (or something to that effect) . The other psycho keeps bringing up his NOMS. I think in his dictionary NOM(equals) =WON. If I use a mirror and stand on my head I will also see WON instead of NOM. have never claimed anything but being an aspiring poet. I have never talked like I know better and I have never acted like I know better. I am a student of JC's. I have a long ways to go.

I think Blue Bird's tree felling poem(the right tittle eludes me at the moment) is superior to anything either one has ever posted on here. They are both getting very tiring. If anyone has seen Amadeus the movie(or read about Mozart's life) will agree that if one had to compare Palmer to one of the characters all would choose Antonio Salieri. His snake-like approach to all that goes on here along with the delusional sense of himself and his accomplishments or lack of them. Knowing what the personas have disclosed about Palmer and his background along with his poem about his brother, I think he was probably the intellectual dark part of human anatomy(he runs to management constantly to complain) , while his brother was most likely just another normal male. The way he tried to insult me by calling me a doggerelist was beyond hilarious. Imagine you are at a bar and an argument ensues and all the other guy has to offer is to call you a doggerelist. Shout it loud, DOGGERELIST. Yeah, I can see it could hurt!

I think Danny is a bit naive about somethings related to Palmer. Anyway...........I will try DOGGERELIST if I find myself in brawl of some kind. Its how you say it maybe, doggerelist, DOGgerelist, DOGGGGERELIST, dogg................

• Lamont Palmer (3/30/2014 4:47:00 AM) Post reply

Considering you keep making the same dumb post over and over and over again, it is you who are tiring. We had another guy on here who was a repetitive moron just like you, but his thing was shilling f ... more

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (3/29/2014 9:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

" Oh, [poetry], oh [poetry], wherefore art thou, [poetry]?"

IMO - I find it best to allow others to nurse their own wounds. To offer assistance is just enabling.

Healing vibes being sent your way.

• Mike Acker (3/29/2014 11:31:00 PM) Post reply

Oh, offering assistance is enabling! Son of a gun! Never thought of that. OK, I will tell Danny to go ffffffffffffff himself cause I do not want to enable anyone. Geeze! Can you believe I was almo ... more

• Mike Acker (3/29/2014 5:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I am just going to step out of the way quickly.
    Hi Blue Bird Ahhhhemm. WHy does my throat always dry up when you are around. AHHHHHHEMmmmm

He had the audacity to warn Danny that I was simply selling Danny tripe. I only sell the best tripe, Blue Bird, I hope you know that. Nothing but the best. If you are going to sell tripe......never mind. Can you believe the audacity? He knew all along what was behind the whole story as he was the one to cause it..What a slime ball!

It is really interesting. All my life I have been able to sense the good guys and smell out the bad guys. I always trusted my nose. It must have due to what my Granny told me once. She advised me never to listen to a dog's bark but to go past that and check out his bite. Or something to that effect. This is getting VERY INTERESTING! Uh oh....Something big and fat is moving towards here.....

• Mike Acker (3/29/2014 7:54:00 PM) Post reply

A persona indicated recently that Palmer and Sherrie had been an item till, according to the persona, Sherrie had to get a lawyer to get Palmer to cease and desist from " stalking" her. She ... more

• Dan Reynolds (3/29/2014 6:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Mike, read my other posts above re the true history. Even if Lamont was Courtney, it had nothing to do with the Sherrie feud. Believe me, I do not set off on a crusade against the wrong foe.; ¬)

• Mike Acker (3/29/2014 4:26:00 PM) Post reply

Very telling exchange below. I don't want to refer to Palmer and Sherrie as slimy, since that would not be nice. I must say though that that term keeps coming to mind. No personas involved, just Jim, Danny and Blue Bird telling it as it is. I can't wait to hear Palmer's response. Actually I can.

I rest my case.

Dan Reynolds Male,55, United Kingdom (3/28/2014 8: 22: 00 PM)
    There are times, when I pray for sanity,
    that truth, honesty and sense prevail...
    but what can combat the sociopath's vanity?
    if the side-lines are filled with the fans who will fail?

Reality does not change, because someone's will dictates it should.
    It does not even change, when they convince the gullible.
    Reality exists, regardless of rhetoric
    and reality (truth) would never stoop to bullshit to consolidate pish. LMFAO

To post a reply to this message, click here

Jim Hogg (3/29/2014 12: 36: 00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    I've already posted a lengthy reply to this but obviously it fell off the board... Briefly: the facts as I remember them. Courtney Kane used the offensive word " C***rag" . You were falsely accused of it, almost certainly by mistake (instead of with malicious intent) because someone's memory was faulty { the evidence had disappeared}. The reasonably expected apology wasn't forthcoming. You had every right to feel aggrieved. She has never apologised and you have never forgiven her. Some people find it harder than others to apologise. Some people find it harder to forgive. Some genuine people find it easy or at least easier, to do either or both... That being true - I hope it is anyway - It would also be a mistake imv to equate gullibility with tolerance, which effectively extends the offence to others by implication - fairly directly at that.

We are all different except in one way: none of us is perfect... we all make mistakes and most of us find it difficult to say we're sorry sincerely. You are too intelligent and perceptive a bloke to think that morality is a science and that in the face of evidence we should all respond in the same way. As you know, it isn't and we don't....

I value greatly your online friendship Danny and have the greatest respect for your many talents, and normally I admire persistence but when others are targeted simply because their moral response is different I believe that's a mistake.... however, that's no more than a personal view of course. As for Sherrie, of course she should have apologised and still should, whether you forgive her or not... your friend.
    Simple Blue Bird (3/29/2014 3: 55: 00 PM) Post reply
    and let's not forget who courtney kane was - lamont palmer. he has admitted this to me, more than once. she was the persona he invented to fight sherrie. ses- this thickens the soup a little, doesn... more
    Dan Reynolds (3/29/2014 2: 18: 00 PM) Post reply
    Point(s) well made, Jim. I would never class you among the " gullible" . Your friend Danny p.s you voting yes or no. I have no say as one of the nouveau anglais..; ¬)

• Stan Grossman (3/29/2014 11:58:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Who ever had my 'hate' post deleted would you message me as to why?No big deal, I just want to know why. With all the crap being thrown around here I can't believe someone would take offense at my humorous paragraph. I'm serious. Please email me.

• Stan Grossman (3/29/2014 2:27:00 PM) Post reply

If it was editing I don't think it would have ever seen the light of day. No, someone complained and I seriously doubt that they will have the guts to tell me. I have zero respect now for the idiots t ... more

• Lamont Palmer (3/29/2014 12:33:00 PM) Post reply

There's always been selective editing in here. Its definitely mystifying. -LP

[Hata Bildir]