Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Max Reif Male, 66, United States (7/18/2005 8:38:00 AM)

It can get a bit intense here. A person could conceivably spend 24 hours every day writing, posting, critiquing, and discussing poems on this site. I'm finding it to be an addiction. The process certainly 'cures writer's block', but I feel it messing with my mind. I'm not blaming anyone, it's my own addictive personality. Anyone else ever get similarly affected?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Michael Shepherd (7/18/2005 11:30:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Ho yes.. I was thinking just the same thing this morning, as I logged on here, wishing I were writing a poem instead...then guess what? I read another poet, and bingo! I tuned in to something in their work which grew another poem... so you never know, as Socrates said to Aristotle...

• Raynette Eitel (7/18/2005 10:48:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I, too, find this site addictive. I am fascinated by poets from all over the world having needs for comments and (perhaps) help. I am happy to get comments from such a diverse group of poets. And yes, I have an addictive personality, but this is a good addiction, I think.

[Hata Bildir]