Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Frank James Ryan Jr...fjr Male, 55, United States (8/8/2012 3:46:00 AM)

I just received a very sad email notifying me that Herbert Nehrlich passed away yesterday,08/07/12. For those veterans still walking this site, I am confident that you would have wanted to be made aware of this. He was a lontime member, respected by many here.In fact, if I have my PH history straight, Herbert was a charter member of what we know as poemhunter.com, going back, I believe, to either late 2004 or early 2005...Finally, as I still do Michael Shepherd, I will miss Herbert Nehrlich the same.... greatly....FjR

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Lamont Palmer (8/8/2012 8:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Thank you, Frank. Sad news indeed. Ever since Shep's passing, I'd been thinking a lot of Herbert too, and wondering where he was and how he was coming along. A PH member who is also on FB (you may know Gina?) dug up some photos for me to see of Herbert, Shep, and a few other old PH'ers who I had never seen and it brought back many memories. I joined PH in Mar of 05, and immediately encountered, in the forum, (and on my poetry pages) the formidable force that was Herbert. I had my squabbles with him, but he was a dedicated poet and a sharp, often very funny, incisive thinker, who was always interesting to read and watch, particularly in the forum. A character, for sure. I'll miss him as well. -LP

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ***** (8/15/2012 3:05:00 PM) Post reply Stage

You will note my new message wondering if it was Herbert and Allen... but Michael??! ! I am so sorry to hear this. I was fond of MIchael but for obvious reasons I cleared from this site. I am so sorry ... more

[Hata Bildir]