Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Mendip Bonast Male, 26, United Kingdom (9/28/2012 10:40:00 AM)

Howlin' Dervish, otherwise known as John Dixon; poet and sometimes plagiarist, who graced these pages a while back, passed away suddenly last week. He had some steadfast friends here, and several enemies. As seems to be the case with many. R. I. P.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Frank James Ryan Jr...fjr (9/29/2012 9:54:00 PM) Post reply

Peaks and valleys perhaps would be a fair way to describe Johns seemingly ever-shifting approach to presenting himself and his work...That said, overall, I found much merit to his presence here, and although I did not know him all that well, the few times we did connect through comment here, were always of a positive nature. He could certainly be a character as most of us here are...and I do wish him a forever peaceful rest....FjR

• Lamont Palmer (9/29/2012 7:00:00 PM) Post reply

I suppose with such a big cast of characters like PH, its statistically logical that a few would pass of the scene within an 8 year period, but it still feels a little strange, what with the recent deaths of Shep and Herbert. And now I'm not so sure of my dear friend Raynette Eitel who I haven't heard from in about four months despite a couple emails I've sent to her.

I didn't know Howlin well at all (this is the first I've even heard his real name mentioned) , but we had a few pleasant exchanges in his time here. I certainly wish him Godspeed. -LP

• Dan Reynolds (9/28/2012 6:01:00 PM) Post reply

He had his worthwhile moments, and his deluded ones(like most of us) , but in the balance of all things, , , , R.I.P.

[Hata Bildir]