Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Donnaj York United States (12/16/2012 1:56:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

What’s the point you ask?
Hmmmm, let me think…….(think, think, and think) ……it’s a, (what do you call those things?????) – Oh yeah, a STORY. A story that someone (myself) felt like writing, as part of the arduous healing process I’ve been undertaking for years. If you knew anything about me you might understand its significance.
Or, you might have “gotten” it, if you had a grasp on the idea of objectivity, instead of pious judgement handed down from your sanctimonious throne.
Are you an ex-teacher? I get the impression that you might be. Just FYI, (not that you’re likely to consider this credible information) , but a retired English teacher I know tells me that I have what it takes, and that I need to get busy finishing my book-in-progress, for which my full-time job has been a hindrance.
I won’t lie, your snarky little swipe cut, but only until I read some of the inane strings of words that you pass off as poetry.
Then I explored the numerous obtuse criticisms you contemptibly dole out to the other “mediocre” member poets, (your opinions being either outright insults or backhanded compliments) .
Hence my previous words, “considering the source….”
Apparently, you have too much time on your hands, maybe some over-education in some questionable field, and nothing much in your head but the need to critique negatively. It is sad really.
MAYBE IF YOU WERE PATIENT AND WAITED FOR INSPIRATION, instead of surrendering to your apparent obsession of habitually stringing together random words in a blathering nonsensical manner, THEN YOU MIGHT JUST HAVE SOME WORKS BEFITTING YOUR LOFTY OPINION OF YOURSELF. ?
BTW……have a lovely day.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Elysabeth Faslund (12/16/2012 2:56:00 PM) Post reply

I deleted the remark, oh thin-skinned poet. I've taken enough abuse off of other people. Learn how not to be so sensitive. JEEEEZZZ!

[Hata Bildir]