Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Olta Qejvani Albania (6/13/2013 10:32:00 AM)

Listening " Stranger on the bus" ; one of my favorite songs, I have written as following:

Stranger on the bus

Like a stranger on a bus
trying to make his way home
is everybody's heart in this world.

People who never gonna meet
may be better than those we ever met.

What can we do
when the world let us to be
always " stranger on the bus" .....

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Peter Stavropoulos Rookie - 1st Stage (6/16/2013 8:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I like the sensitivity of these lyrics. Thanks.

• Olta Qejvani (6/17/2013 2:33:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you for all your opinions. Maybe reading and enjoying poetry is the thing done better from me than writing poems. Anyway, as a new member of this site, I would be honored to take in consideratio ... more

• ..... W@king Up..... Rookie - 1st Stage (6/14/2013 8:45:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I don't think this is too bad :) you write of an intriguing concept. Perhaps if you wrote more on this topic and had a rhyme scheme it would be better?But nice work :)

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (6/15/2013 10:51:00 AM) Post reply

Good poems aren't about concepts or ideas; they're about words. This is clumsy and ungainly. A rhyme scheme makes sense here since it is a " song, " but no amount of formal scaffolding wil ... more

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (6/14/2013 12:50:00 PM) Post reply

O, this is pretty awful. I wonder how it would sound in your first language? A lot better, I suspect.

[Hata Bildir]