Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

()

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Lyn Pendleton (6/17/2013 5:27:00 PM) Post reply

Hi Angela, just to say about poems to me. There are two kinds, only two kinds, of poems in all
    the world. Just two. They are the ones you deem worthy to keep, or to go on living, and the ones
    you condemn back to the nothingness it came from, and decided, it belongs. Just two. I wrote
    'after all' in less than 10 minutes, cause someone on another site, not a poetry site, asked the
    readers to submit a poem. I thought, hmm, I've been known to pen a few poems, let's see what
    happens. And with virtually no thought to an idea, or anything, I pushed that poem into existence
    whether it liked it or not. It was obviously a keeper, I didn't fret about how simple, and trite, and
    cliche it was. It was worthy to be saved in my opinion. Now if any of these other great minds
    had written the same exact poem, they would have obviously thrown it away. How sad. Cause
    I would have liked it. Lyn

• Rookie - 1st Stage Lamont Palmer (6/15/2013 9:18:00 AM) Post reply

I used to always say when you post a poem in the forum, expect a greater degree of criticism, and from people who may not be as sympathetic as readers who seek out your personal poetry page. -LP

[Hata Bildir]