Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Minas Harutunian Male, 33, United States (6/17/2013 9:03:00 PM)

Hi everyone, hope you're doing great! The other day I began to play around with the idea of starting a Chain Poem (I write the first part and have others contribute) with some friends of mine. I will be the one who starts it off and have others add to it. I'm planning on having about 10-15 people for it and a limit of one stanza each person. In any case, I wanted to know what feedback or opinions, if any, do you have for me?What are your experiences with this?What can I expect from others who contribute to it?i have never done a piece like this and thought it would be a great idea. so if you have any advice for me please share.

thanks,
minas.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Kristina Dee (9/18/2013 3:40:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi, Minas! I'm new in this site and just saw your post about a chain poem?I'm comfortable with freeform writing and I'd like to give it a try with other authors if that would be ok?Just so you know I do not have any formal study in writing poetry, I just do it spontaneously ;)

Kind regards,
    Kristina

• Rookie - 40 Points Linda Ori (6/18/2013 4:37:00 PM) Post reply

I remember doing this a few times in years past here on PH. Actually, it was quite amusing to see what insights individual poets had to offer along the way. It's called " fun" , JC. But then, perhaps having fun is a stretch for you........how sad. Heaven knows, this site would benefit from a change of pace. Reading your constant " dress-downs" of other poets is becoming boring, to say the least. Relax, and learn to live a little. You really might find it enjoyable.

• Rookie - 592 Points Jefferson Carter (6/18/2013 11:41:00 AM) Post reply

Count me out! Collaboration in poetry? Another example of democracy (we're all created equally talented!) gone rotten Really, what's the point of this exercise? To enthrone chance as the source of art?

• Rookie S. A. S. (6/18/2013 9:59:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

You're probably familiar with Japanese linked verse?

• Rookie Minas Harutunian (6/18/2013 1:27:00 PM) Post reply

Honestly, I've heard very little on it but I do have a general understanding of i, although vague. I'm planning on doing more research on it, in the coming days, but it sounds interesting. Any recomme ... more

• Rookie - 219 Points David Wood (6/18/2013 4:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Sounds like a novel idea give it a whirl.

• Rookie - 219 Points Minas Harutunian (6/18/2013 1:25:00 PM) Post reply

thanks for the support! I'll post any feedback I receive soon. I think it will be an interesting project.

[Hata Bildir]