Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Jefferson Carter Jefferson Carter Male, 91, United States (6/20/2013 5:28:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

A, I don't really know the answer to your question. If you're " new" at writing poetry, you'd better start reading good contemporary poets. I can give you a list. I've read several of your poems, and they're pretty lame. Stop writing! Start reading! you might improve! (That is, if you care to....)

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Angel E. B. (6/26/2013 9:21:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Haha, wow, thank you for calling my work " lame" , that is of SO much help to me.
    I would think that a man of your respectable age would be able to express himself better or to show a little more common courtesy, or at least constructive criticism, because just calling a poem " lame" is not really helping the poet to improve.
    And one thing I will not do is stop writing, how should I hope to improve if I stop expressing myself?
    But I will admit that reading is good advice, although I am already reading poetry as much as my busy life will allow.
    Not really into the contemporary poets yet though.

[Hata Bildir]