Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Jefferson Carter Jefferson Carter Male, 91, United States (8/6/2013 9:30:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Adam, pretty awful. The meter is all screwed up and some of your phrases are clumsy. Why keep writing like this? Why nor pick up a book of good contemporary poetry and read that? ANYONE can write this kind of sententious, trite, amateurish stuff. Don't you want to become a better poet?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Adam M. Snow (8/7/2013 12:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I have been writing poetry for 10 years, everyone has their own unique style and this is mine. Poetry isn't about it being 100% perfect, it's about being unique and expressing it in your own ways. Mine just happens to be more metaphorical than others and I am loved by many and I mean many people because of how unique and different my poetry is and people like that. This is just how I write and like I said, everyone and I mean everyone has their own style for which they write and this is mine. I'm not going to change just because one man tells me I should. Poetry is my passion and I will keep on writing till it comes that I shall die. This is my God's given gift and I'm going to express it the way He intended it to be expressed, my way. You can keep insulting my poetry, I refuse to change it.

Replies for this message:
    • Jack Growden (8/7/2013 1:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

HERE HERE ADAM! ! Keep it up. This Carter bloke criticises everyone who puts pen to paper these days as if he is some sort of God. I love the last line of your response. Good on you! !

[Hata Bildir]