Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

()

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Lamont Palmer (8/8/2013 4:55:00 PM) Post reply

Angie, you're just as hypersensitive, and full of insults, far more than me, as evidenced here by that silly remark. You reprimanding someone on their attitude is laughable. When it comes to grudges, swipes, personal attacks, you're the queen of them all. Why?Because that's all you've got. -LP

• Lamont Palmer (8/8/2013 3:43:00 PM) Post reply

Once you let a poet know that you don't appreciate his work, you should let it go at that, regardless if he keeps posting. To continue to shout someone down is merely looking for a fight and comes close to hounding someone. While JC has a 'right' do denigrate all of Adam's efforts, its pointless and a waste of time to do so. Adam will grow as a poet when HE is ready. As far as his 'insulting replies' - if someone yelled at anyone of us to 'STOP WRITING', they'd be in for a little push back, to say the least. (and Adam going to JC's poems is perfectly fair - I'd also want to know what kind of poetry my fiercest critic writes.) .Adam hasn't done a single thing wrong. He's a guy on a forum posting poetry. Give him a critique, then move on. -LP

• Jefferson Carter (8/8/2013 10:40:00 AM) Post reply

A, what a cool response! I agree with everything you say here. I'm backing off my harshness though because it's affecting my daily interactions; Connie says I'm becoming mean and combative, so time to mellow out. One confession: I've noticed that more people read my poems when I'm involved in a brouhaha! Perhaps that's the not so secret motive for flaming others?

[Hata Bildir]