Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Jefferson Carter Jefferson Carter Male, 91, United States (9/10/2013 5:13:00 AM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Abubakar, you should write your poems in your first language (after you've become familiar with your own culture's best contemporary poets) : then find a talented native English poet to help you translate your poems into good English. If you do this, I'll might read your work with a lot less trepidation! AND this is a real question: why do you write poems in English?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Freshman - 1,235 Points Bull Hawking (9/10/2013 7:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

First of all I don't think you are the real JC that we all love/bated before. Yes he was quite a dullard as you are and was repetitious in much of what he said he still found the occasion to be mildly creative....something you seem to be struggling with....especially in forum comments. Your comments are pure repetition. They are wrong headed anyway since esp poets might do better to study classical poets than contemporary anyway. Our present age has been dubbed the age of chaos for a reason....know what that reason is.....anything goes. Please stop preaching your nonsence here...or better yet just get a life.

Sincerely
    g

Replies for this message:
    • Freshman - 1,235 Points Jefferson Carter (9/11/2013 3:10:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, Bull-pizzle, I'm the real JC! I re-post that comment because PH is so lousy with poor ESL poets I can't bless them all with a personal excoriation. No, it's not a good idea for fledgling poets ... more

[Hata Bildir]