Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Alexander Rizzo Male, 42, United States (4/16/2014 4:04:00 PM)

As tedious as it might get, everyone here should preceed their pronouncements with 'in my opinion', as this is all nothing but opinion. Lists are lists are lists. Based on my little experience among members i could make a totally different list, we all could. ovid's list seems to have more credibility, but that doesnt make it flawless. But i do commend ovid for being honest and admitting that his affinity for free-form colors his opinion. Few people will admit their biases. We all have them.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 50 Points Alexander Rizzo (4/16/2014 5:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

OK, heres my quickly scribbled list, based on my own observations during my time here, from reading forums posts and visiting a page or two, for what its worth. in reality, lists are silly. i mean, who's the 'better' poet, auden or eliot?its a silly question. but again, Ovid came close to nailing it. Wannargue with my list?Couldnt care less. Its my opinion, though I'd call it a fairly studied one. In descending order - strongest to weakest, with a couple words of explanation. in the end, its really about who's getting their name in print, so while this is 'fun', it doesn't mean diddly squat.

Danny - whatever you think of form, the guy can do sonnets, villanelles, etc.
    Hogg - musical and interesing.
    Palmer - musical, inventive without going off a cliff
    meta - strong content
    Carter - strong content
    Dog 8 - inventive, pushes linguistic envelope
    Delilah - nice, experimental wordplay
    Angie - nice imagery
    Acker. -.some ok philosophical moments

Replies for this message:
    • Alexander Rizzo (4/16/2014 6:47:00 PM) Post reply

This is why I don't speak in this forum very often. I keep getting accused of being someone else. Its the weirdest thing I've ever seen. My name is Michael Alexander Rizzo. No, I don't care for the na ... more

[Hata Bildir]