Learn More

Poet's Introductions

If you are a new member or just returned, introduce yourself and your poetry, your website or blog here.
Post a message

• Rookie - 33 Points Rocky Lizardi.brown (11/23/2014 9:53:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

By A Mr.Raven

Thrilled by the
    day, perching, squatting
    his eyes to check, if that
    man that slept outside
    and rested on a stake
    was not there- he
    ironically flew away.

• Rookie - 33 Points Rocky Lizardi.brown (11/23/2014 9:52:00 AM) Post reply

Hello my fellow Poets and Poetry enthusiasts. Im new the PH and am appreciating the completeness of the website.

• Gold Star - 30,543 Points Aftab Alam Khursheed (11/19/2014 2:34:00 AM) Post reply

Hi,
    Good morning and welcome to PH,
    Can anybody tell me the way of popularity through rating..I am little bit confused, thank you AFTAB ALAM

• Rookie - 37 Points Paul Morabito (11/18/2014 11:38:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone. This is such a great opportunity we have here. Meeting like-minded, creative, brilliant, and fascinating people with such great passion for words. I'm a new American poet that produced two poetry books to date entitled " Poetic Delusions." I started out by writing across many different genre's until I found my true love for poetry. Masterful poems can touch deep down inside all of us and strike a chord in our hearts and minds that bring us to another point in time to a special moment of divine love or traumatic sorrow. Each and everyone of us can get something different out of the same exact written words. That's what makes poetry so powerful. I would love to converse with different poets and learn various styles and concepts from all of you. I feel the only time one stops learning is when we are dead. My poems have been inspired mostly from Poe and Shakespeare. I am guilty as charged of not being very well read. I would prefer to be very well written instead. I would love for anyone to review my collection so I can get a greater idea of where my work stands. I would love to keep pursuing poetry if I can get feedback that I have touched the hearts of readers or taken them away from the reality of day to day life. Please enjoy the poem sample below and feel free to visit my website or place reviews on here or wherever you wish for Book 1 or Book 2 of the Poetic Delusions collection. Thank you so much for taking the time to learn a little about me.

Paul-Morabito.com

Love Flame (Poetic Delusions Book 2)

Red like fire.
    It burns me inside.
    Every time I draw near.
    Her locks flow eternal.
    Pouring with uncontainable love.
    Effortless.
    Touching my soul.
    Exuding desire.
    One with the wind.
    Hiding mysterious playful eyes.
    That can’t be denied.
    I dare not touch.
    Perfection.
    But endlessly admire.
    The red fire.

That burns me to no end.
    Every time I sense fear.
    Her lock’s brush comforts dear.
    Soaring with uncontainable emotion.
    Carefree.
    Warming my chills.
    Spilling tenderness.
    One with my thoughts.
    Blanketing all worthlessness from existence.
    I dare not question.
    Willingly.
    And always endlessly admire.
    The scorching love.
    Of my red fire.

-Paul Morabito

• Rookie - 189 Points Mandla Prince Kedamile-koti (11/15/2014 3:16:00 AM) Post reply

hello everyone

i'm a new poet on poemhunter i write mostly about spiritual/religious stuff and a little bit of love poems. please feel free to visit my page, read and leave your views.
    thank you very much

• Rookie - 91 Points Cole Severns (11/14/2014 7:04:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I'm Cole.

I would describe my poems as raw, gritty, and detailed; many with themes that deal with pain, human stuggle, finding truth, and self-expression. Check them out if interested. Any comments, notes, and criticism are encouraged. My biggest influences are Allen Ginsburg, Emily Dickinson, Charles Bukowski, and Jack Kerouac.

Thanks

• Rookie - 468 Points Mike Barrett (11/9/2014 10:06:00 AM) Post reply

Hi all,

I've been away for a while - taking a break. Yesterday, with winter coming, I decided to put pen to paper and, in the Haiku format, have written several poems. I'll leave one here but will post others today and over the coming weeks to my page.

Haiku 6 – Unexpected

Late teens - hormones rage

Protection is neglected

Oops - pregnancy

© M. Barrett – all rights reserved

• Rookie - 0 Points Keabetswe Thomas (11/7/2014 3:08:00 PM) Post reply

helo everyone, , im a poet but never performed or shown my work to anyone so i would like honest critism.this is one of my poems

poem title: my midnight train

your request for conversation
    i rust my voice for your applaudes
    my endorsement to fame
    i woke up this blue morning
    last night i rode on my midnight train
    i travelled to far far water -falls
    to places where the moon land and the sun hides
    only on my midnight train can i reach such places
    i springed to reach for more
    my crowned title was name-tagged like that of Sodomy of Sodome
    i was the kingsmen, happiness and joy i tasted them
    my immortality was casted like that of the son of nazareth so i heard
    the morning rooster behind my small mud hut stationed my train in the spooky hours of the new day
    my sweedish ivy
    i woke up from such a beautiful dream
    from a place where nothing is hard laboured for
    to a place where blood dry and flow for a short taste of life
    i can not wait to be on my midnight train again..

the poem is simply about a beautiful dream

• Rookie - 121 Points Aaron Henley (11/7/2014 8:33:00 AM) Post reply

Hello all, I am really new to poetry i guess...would love to meet other poets and develop my writing abilities ;)

• Gold Star - 11,404 Points Mohammad Skati (11/6/2014 5:09:00 PM) Post reply

I have just posted some poems, so I would like everyone to read them. Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]