Treasure Island

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Dian Barnett (5/5/2013 9:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hi. Posted my first verse yesterday and several more today. Welcome all comments and helpful critiques.
    Have been writing poetry for a very long time but only started being prized and publishedbfairly recently.
    I write all forms of verse but my current favorite is free verse of a very metered and rhythmic nature.
    I am nationally published and have won prizes for sonnets, haiku, ballads, limericks, aubades and humorous
    verse. For a short time I enjoyed my own newspaper column with the generic titlle " Out Of My Mind" ,
    With a few variations my posted verses will be in a loose cronological order, with early light verse first.
    With my later works you should be able to see a poet emerge. I can. I am Dian Barnett. Read me! Then write me.

Replies for this message:
    • Rajesh Thankappan (5/12/2013 11:13:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Dear Dian, I enjoyed your poems ' Bugs I View', 'Rerun' and all your posts. I look forward to see you as you say ' a poet emerge' with more of your postings. Meanwhile, you m ... more

• Ray Hart (5/3/2013 8:58:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi folk, I have three new poems take look and read and tell me your thoughts. R. K. Hart.

• Rabia Nadeem (4/30/2013 5:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

hi.....I am Rabia,18 years old.comment my poems if you like.I like to make new friends :)

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Farhana Rahman (4/29/2013 6:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hello, please comment on my poem... A new one here...
    : (

Satan in desire, my poem.

• Rabia Nadeem (4/30/2013 6:09:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i read your poem.it beautifully describes how satan tries to flatter us.Also i read your biography.nice to talk to you.

• Kamala Kanta Sahoo (4/29/2013 5:00:00 AM) Post reply Stage

hii friends this is kamal, wants to excel in writing my poem, , i have uploaded on of my poem.
    please have a look at it and please comment. i need your encouragement....

• Claire Taggart (4/28/2013 4:58:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi everyone,
    So glad i found this site! love reading poetry and write alittle myself (well try anyway) be grateful to anyone who will comment/rate my poems (brutal honesty please) when i put them up in a few days time, in the mean time i will continue to enjoy reading yours =)

claire t

• Adegbite Adeyinka (4/28/2013 3:21:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello everyone. I'm a student with a formidable passion for poetry. It would mean a lot if you could lend me your time, read, vote and comment on my posts. Thanks

• Kira Parson (4/24/2013 4:37:00 PM) Post reply Stage

hi everyone my name is kira Parson and I am an aspiring poet. I started about four years ago when my parents got divorced and I needed an outlet. It would mean a lot to me if you would take time to read my poems and comment and or give hints or tips. Thank you :)

• Briana Benner (4/24/2013 12:16:00 PM) Post reply Stage

My name is Briana, and I, like so many others, am an aspiring author. I took up poetry when I was a freshman in high school and in need of an emotional outlet. It has become a great love of mine; as someone who admires the art of the written word higher than any other, I find great comfort and pleasure in poetry in its many forms. A lot of what i write is free-verse, but I occasionally try my hand at structured works, as well. I hope, through my time here, to build on my skill and share in my love of poetry with fellow writers and poets, and greatly look forward to sharing my work with everyone here.

• Rose Of Atthis (4/22/2013 12:00:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello, Hello one and all. I am Rose an aspiring author and poet. I am posting my poems under pseudonym for the time being. My first posted poem The Temple of sacred Fires is the first of a number that i hope to publish with my first book 'Daughters of Sappho'. A novel about six lesbian women living and working in New York City. The poems that i will post are actually part of the narrative most of t which will be written and spoken by on e the main characters who is herself a comedian and poet.
    So i ask you my friends and fellow poets please free to assist by your comments as to your feelings and sentiments regarding the composition, accuracy and sentiments conveyed by my post. Thank you very much for help

[Hata Bildir]