Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Rookie - 219 Points Jack Growden (7/30/2013 4:42:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! I am a young, aspiring poet so rate and comment as you see fit. http://www.poemhunter.com/jack-growden-2

• Rookie - 219 Points Jack Growden (7/30/2013 4:42:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! I am a young, aspiring poet so rate and comment as you see fit. http://www.poemhunter.com/jack-growden-2

• Rookie Steve Downes (7/29/2013 10:42:00 AM) Post reply

Not sure if I've done already (if so please ignore) , really must buy a memory...but here goes anyway
    Steve Downes (me) is a novelist, playwright and poet with 20 yrs writing experience (although it feels like 21) , I have 4 collections
    published: The Pagan Field 1996, Ghost 2000, Side-angles 2005, Urbania 2010 and one Novel: Cosmogonic Marbles
    always available to chat and read your work
    write like you mean it and enjoy

S.

• Rookie Amadeo Dihardjo (7/29/2013 8:28:00 AM) Post reply

helloo there everybody, i am a young teenager from Indonesia who enjoy writing poems about alot of stuff especially sports, i've just recently joined here and look forward to reading and posting poems, thanks all :)

• Rookie Anamika Jalan (7/29/2013 6:07:00 AM) Post reply

Among the most common forms of poetry through the ages is the sonnet, which by the 13th century was a poem of fourteen lines following a set rhyme scheme and logical structure. By the 14th century, the form further crystallized under the pen of Petrarch, whose sonnets were later translated in the 16th century by Sir Thomas Wyatt, who is credited with introducing the sonnet form into English literature.[96] A sonnet's first four lines typically introduce the topic. A sonnet usually follows an a-b-a-b rhyme pattern. The sonnet's conventions have changed over its history, and so there are several different sonnet forms. Traditionally, in sonnets English poets use iambic pentameter, the Spenserian and Shakespearean sonnets being especially notable.[97] In the Romance languages, the hendecasyllable and Alexandrine are the most widely used meters, though the Petrarchan sonnet has been used in Italy since the 14th century.[98]
    Sonnets are particularly associated with love poetry, and often use a poetic diction heavily based on vivid imagery, but the twists and turns associated with the move from octave to sestet and to final couplet make them a useful and dynamic form for many subjects.[99] Shakespeare's sonnets are among the most famous in English poetry, with 20 being included in the Oxford Book of English Verse.[100]
    Shi

• Rookie - 219 Points Jack Growden (7/29/2013 5:42:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! ! ! ! ! I am a young, aspiring poet looking for feedback. Thanks, Jack Growden

• Rookie Dhee Jhaye Magz (7/28/2013 4:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I started creating poetry when i was in college, circa 1996. All of the poems in my page are as old as time. So maybe the wordings of some of those are a little outdated. But if you have time to read, you be the judge of that. I was on hiatus for a long time. Looking forward to writing again, you'll know when i publish a poem with a 2013 date attached. Thank you.

...word x rhyme...

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie A Michaelle Yarbrough (7/27/2013 5:36:00 PM) Post reply

I have been on the site a couple of days now. I hope that you read my poems and enjoy them. Thank you

• Rookie - 12 Points Chase Gagnon (7/27/2013 1:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello,

I am a young poet who writes short poems. I would appreciate if you could check out my page.

Thank you!

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie - 219 Points Jack Growden (7/27/2013 4:58:00 AM) Post reply

Hello all,

I am a young, aspiring poet from Australia. Please take the time to read my collection. I am sure you will find some of it enjoyable. Comment and rate as you wish. It would be greatly appreciated. THANKS sincerely.

Jack Growden

[Hata Bildir]