François Maynard (1582 - 1646 / Toulouse)
François Maynard, sometimes seen as "de Maynard" (1582 - 23 December 1646) was a French poet who spent much of his life in Toulouse.
Maynard was born in Toulouse to a father who was conseiller in the parlement of the town. François was also trained for the law, becoming eventually president of Aurillac. He became secretary to Margaret of Valois, wife of Henry IV of France, for whom his ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Adieu Paris, Adieu Pour La Derniere Fois
- Cache Ton Corps Sous Un Habit Funeste
- Déserts Où J'ai Vécu Dans Un Calme Si Do...
- Il Est Vray. Je Le Sçay. Mes Vers Sont M...
- Il N'est Homme En L'Univers
- Je Donne Â Mon Desert Les Restes De Ma V...
- Je Suis Dans Le Penchant De Mon Âge De G...
- Je Touche De Mon Pied Le Bord De L'Autre...
- La Belle Vieille
- La Plus-Part De Mes Partisans
- Mon Âme, Il Faut Partir
- Ode À Alcippe
- Plainte Sur La Mort D'Une Chate